mirrabooka, balga, nollamarra

So now the priority 1 areas of Wanneroo, Girrawheen and Koondoola will be split zoning of R20/40 and R20/60 to give City of Wanneroo a bit more control over developments and ensuring they meet whatever guidelines they set.

Biggest issue it appears to be was they didn't want one crossover every 3m down the road, which makes sense.

Also they have confirmed that Main Roads will be forking out for the upgrades on Wanneroo road as needed, and that the Water Corp has confirmed based on the engineers reports that the existing water and sewer is capable of handling more houses, and will review as more homes are built and carry out any necessary upgrades.

Summary: Looks promising, even with split zoning. At least it is an update since they engaged the engineers to check existing services.

They even went as far as to mention ensuring recoding occurs in a "timely and cost effective manner".

Though that can mean different things to different people...

so this thread has gone a little quiet - any updates on timing for rezoning? prices in girrawheen seem to have stabilised around recently.

So for $400+ would you guys opt for the likes of Girrahween and surrounds or Lynwood/Langford as some have suggested - for a 3x1 house on 600-700 sqm? Which is the more gentrified/improving rapidly in your opinion?

Yeah I agree prices have fallen back to low 400s. Wonder what the new h and l will do to prices in the area......I guess drop further ?

Dev sites all across perth have dropped back..
Areas under the proposed zoning such as Heathridge, Craigie, Wanneroo, Girrawheen have all dropped back which is a great thing. Not so much for those who jumped on board paying the higher "proposed" dev site prices of the last 2-3 years.

Dev sites all across perth have dropped back..
Areas under the proposed zoning such as Heathridge, Craigie, Wanneroo, Girrawheen have all dropped back which is a great thing. Not so much for those who jumped on board paying the higher "proposed" dev site prices of the last 2-3 years.

no surprise there, it has been on the cards for a while now. the prices of suburbs that have rezoning proposed have been ludicrous for quite a while.

no surprise there, it has been on the cards for a while now. the prices of suburbs that have rezoning proposed have been ludicrous for quite a while.

we have just put our Girrawheen property on the market. I don't think its fair to say that the downturn in perth is only impacting on these areas, I suspect the blue chip areas have a way to fall and will be hit as well.

We did buy in the last 2 - 3 years and have plenty of buffer in what we paid.

Not a lot of interest so far. We will lease it again if we don't get a bight at the right number and see what happens in six months or so.

we have just put our Girrawheen property on the market. I don't think its fair to say that the downturn in perth is only impacting on these areas, I suspect the blue chip areas have a way to fall and will be hit as well.

We did buy in the last 2 - 3 years and have plenty of buffer in what we paid.

Not a lot of interest so far. We will lease it again if we don't get a bight at the right number and see what happens in six months or so.

Hi Swearengen, Curious to know what kinda of property it is, unit/apartment/duplex/dev site? sqms?

Back