Mitchelton Qld opinion?

Hi all,

I am a first time investor and new member of this site.

I am looking for investment property in 5-10 kms radius in Brisbane for upto $540K. I would like to know your opinion on Mitchelton and surrounding suburbs and how it will perform in next 5-10 years. I belive the rental yield will be around only 4% in this and surrounding suburbs but I am aiming for high CG with buy and hold strategy.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Kamal.

Know Mitchie very well, it's a vey good suburb.
Presently though there're a lot of developments happening around Blackwood St (the strip-shops) that include affordable housing. Just along Osborne Rd near Brookside developers are trying to get 10floor buildings approved. So if you're thinking of houses around these streets, keep all that in mind. Don't know if 10floor building will be + or - for homes around there.

Council has plans for Mitchie to become a "hub" suburb for transport/housing/retail so that's gotta be good for prices I think.

Lots of army folks in the area due to Enoggera Barracks being close by.

Suburbs I'd consider worthwhile for good CG growth would be Mitchie, Gaythorne, Enoggera, Alderley, Newmarket. But prices increase from Mitchie onwards as you get closer to CBD.

These are my opinions only, please do your own DD though.

Happy to help out with localities etc if you want more info.

Hi brmm,

Thank you very much for your response.
You have provided very good information.
I am looking to buy on the opposite side of Samford Rd
than brookside. I saw two properties about 1 km
away from station on princes St and Cranbrook St.

Are you familiar about this pocket of Mitchie?

I saw a couple of blocks subdivided with new dwellings,
so they are getting subdivided near these streets.

Thanks for you input and I appreciate your help.

Regards,
Kamal

Yeah Kamal, Princess & Cranbrook streets are just a hop-skip-jump from my Mums house. Very good area and only 10min walk to the local primary and high schools. Very quiet streets. You'd do well to buy around that area known as "Mitchelton Heights" - high on the hills there with the most wonderful views out to Moreton Bay.

Hi all,

I am a first time investor and new member of this site.

I am looking for investment property in 5-10 kms radius in Brisbane for upto $540K. I would like to know your opinion on Mitchelton and surrounding suburbs and how it will perform in next 5-10 years. I belive the rental yield will be around only 4% in this and surrounding suburbs but I am aiming for high CG with buy and hold strategy.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Kamal.

buy within walk, but not hearing of the train station

Thank you everyone for your response.

It's good to have independent opinions.

The property is about 13 minutes walking distance to Train station and about 3 minutes to the bus station.

Thanks again,
Kamal.

Back