Modern take on period home design

I cannot get anywhere with that link. I don't know if it is just me or a problem with the link.
The : is missing after the http part, put that in it'll work.

Can't say I like that style of contemporary in a period home. I guess it depends on the taste of the individual.

nah dont like it either. surprised the pix didnt have the wider streetscape so you can see what this place looks like with the others.

What do people think of this contemporary take on the period home.

The internal has wow factor, but the external is blah, and would look more of an eyesore in that environment than anything.

As for it being a period home... I don't see any remnants of one, internally or external :confused:.

I don't like it much. First photo looks like a church and whilst we live in a "period" house and I really love modern... this is just cold and uninviting to me.

I like it.

There is nothing worse than simply reserving something just because it is old without considering any merits of the building apart from the age of it.

I had another look, and I think it is the huge brick wall and sloping roof that makes me think "church".

I actually love the first internal shop with the staircase but the timber ceiling in the main room says "church" to me. I love the size of the main room though and I know that once some furniture went in, it would probably lose the cold, empty feeling. Maybe it is that I am a bit chilly here at the computer this morning that looking at the photos made me feel physically cold.

I do LOVE the huge artwork on the wall. I wonder why that is there when there is nothing else to personalise the space?

this one reminds me of the block being narrow etc.

don't like their color scheme... the place is narrow and everything seems dark like their kitchen cabinets and benchtop

The thing that bothered me was the use of the water cutting down the width of the rooms.

Not suitable for a family with little kids

Chris

Stunning, inside and out. However I don't think its a "take" on period design implying a spin, variation or in the spirit of but rather a complete overhaul using a period home as simply a template for an ultra modern design...

The thing that bothered me was the use of the water cutting down the width of the rooms.

That's a mat on the floor, Chris. I thought at first it was water, too.

They would have been prevented from doing anything to the front of that second house because it's part of a row of houses. My first DIY PPOR reno was a house exactly like that. I didn't touch the front but gutted the rest and dug underneath it. I liked the look on people's faces when they came in the door.

http://www.stanicharding.com/pages/h_annandale.shtml

Hey Depreciator. I remember when you posted those photos a few years ago on this forum. Amazing... and I love it. It is modern, but the warm timber makes me feel warm. I would love to live in that house.

Also, for me, one of the best things in that house is the fantastic lighting.

Back