modernising options

Here are three different options for my house that I drew (Mockup 4). Rendered and roof painted.

The cost difference between the three options is negligible.
Which option do you think looks more aesthetic?

The second mockup (Mockup 5) is also changing the garage door to a window (that can be done later) putting a carport out the front and making that a rumpus in which case retaining the arches is not really an option. That option would be extra costs of the window and building it up off the ground.

Any opinions?

Attachments

• house mockup 4.jpg
    house mockup 4.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 109
  • house mockup 5.jpg
    house mockup 5.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20120809_165327.jpg
    IMG_20120809_165327.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 99
Nothing screams old school more than arches, so modernising will require a change to more square or angular archetectual design.

Im not one to choose any option over any other, but stick with squarish designs to 'modernise'.

pinkboy

Hi Gatoblanco,

I have attached a mockup of my own for you to look at which I quickly made up. Hopefully it provides some further ideas to your reno.

The skies the limit on what you can do (and what you can spend) I have tried to give you some guidance on what I feel would represent best bang for buck.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

TC

Here are three different options for my house that I drew (Mockup 4). Rendered and roof painted.

The cost difference between the three options is negligible.
Which option do you think looks more aesthetic?

The second mockup (Mockup 5) is also changing the garage door to a window (that can be done later) putting a carport out the front and making that a rumpus in which case retaining the arches is not really an option. That option would be extra costs of the window and building it up off the ground.

Any opinions?

Attachments

• suggestion_mockup.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
Agree with pinkboy, arches outside and in are out.

Tcocaro - Not a big fan of anything wooden outside especially stained or lacquered - way too much maintenance. They do do good aluminium imitation wood these days however.
A.

Yup anything to get rid of the arches. Arches only works for Macdonalds :)

Windows have come a long way recently, try and get something quite modern if that is the look you are going for.

So I think my fave is 2 - where you have no diagonals at the side and no arches.

I like the one with the square garage and window on the other side.
Can I ask where the entrance is? may be you can put a big modern entrance door in to make it look welcoming/ a statement?

Back