MOE/NEWBOROUGH (Victoria-Latrobe Valley-Gippsland)

That is a very open ended question. You haven't mentioned what you want. Do you want:

Capital Growth?
High Yeild?
Commercial?
Industrial?
Residential?
Land?

Many varibles. If you want Residential, then you need to consider whether you want a house, townhouse, villa, unit or maybe a block of flats. Do you want studio, 1bed, 2bed, 3bed? Do you want to buy & hold, flip, reno. Do you want standard residential or holiday/student accommodation? Budget housing or McMansion?

Haven't done much research on Moe specifically myself, mainly concentrated in Traralgon. From what I heard from locals, Moe is still degentrifying (i.e. property price is still stagnant/going down), so it may not be a good area to buy in as yet in general. Talk to the local RE agent or some gurus in this forum and they might be able to help you further (check out Moe, Morwell and Traralgon thread).

I think Warragul is a better choice than Moe, particularly now that the Pakenham bypass has been opened. You can now go from Warragul to the airport without seeing a traffic light. Warragul also has great schools and good shopping and is only an hour from Melbourne with the new freeway (not at peak time). Capital growth has been good but the last 6 months has been flat. With the ripple effect from Melbourne and increasing population growth I'm sure Warragul will continue to grow.

I bought in Churchill and Morwell in 2003. Gone up quite a bit.

Churchill one bought for 80,000, now about 130,000 probably.

Back