Moorebank or Greystanes?

We're looking at getting a new PPR that we'll live in for 5 years or so and then maybe move on. We're moving west to be closer to my mum (to help out with the baby) and we're not sure where to go. DH works in the city so would be good to be near transport but he would love a brand new house and is prepared to drive to a station if need be.

We've been tossing up between Georges Fair (Moorebank) or Pemulwuy (Greystanes). Anyone got pros and cons for both areas? I grew up west so know Greystanes a bit but don't know much about Moorebank at all. We chose that cos it's not too far from the east with fairly decent roads there outside peak hours. I know that neither are fantastic investment decisions but this is a heart purchase. We've been crazily buying properties for a few years and now we want to sit back and smell the roses in a nice new community. Would just like a bit of feedback from those that live in those areas or know them well. thanks.

We had a look at Pemulwuy not long ago. It is to my personal liking, not a bad area. There are plenty of children play and pinic areas. There is a shop with good buses running through Greystanes, Merrylands, South Wentworthville towards Parramatta. The suburb itself is not too far from Parramatta which is a definite plus, at least for me as I work in Parramatta.
I don't know much about Moorebank but a friend of ours lives there, very close to Liverpool railway station. From my limited exposure when visiting him one or twice years ago, the area has more of an industrial feel to it but as I said, that was based only on my limited observation. They'd talked about moving closer to Parramatta a few times.

I have lived at Wattle Grove(right next to Moorebank)and Greystanes. The new estates you are referring to are similar to each other, so theres no real difference in house types, house quality etc. Wattle Grove/Moorebank was great for access to the shire and national parks, but I can tell you that if you are commuting to the city or elsewhere by car, its a little bit inconvenient. Greystanes is more central and offers access to a wider range of traffic routes and major arterial roads. Moorebank offers the M5 but its a car park most the day. Moorebank has a railway station nearby at Holsworthy and of course Liverpool, but Greystanes offers you trains at Blacktown, Toongabbie, Westmead, Merrylands or Wentworthville, as well as T lane buses. Greystanes is also much closer to Parramatta, which is only getting bigger and will be a pretty major employment centre before long. All in all, if the prices are similar I think Greystanes offers a little more.

Definitely Greystanes.

But then again, where does your mother live?
There are soooooo many lovely new dev. areas other than the mentioned 2.

Greystanes

Hiya

I agree with Tamira; in fact i just bought in Greystanes!!

So much potential with the proximity to the 2nd CBD Parramatta; and BTW

did you see the auction rate in Western Sydney last weekend???:)

Hiya

I agree with Tamira; in fact i just bought in Greystanes!!

So much potential with the proximity to the 2nd CBD Parramatta; and BTW

did you see the auction rate in Western Sydney last weekend???:)

But houses look like duplex (although they are free-standing) in Greystanes/Pemulwuy/Lakewood. I think this is due to poor design guidelines being implemented there. Not sure if that would make Greystanes/Pemulwuy/Lakewood a better area compared to Moorebank. :)

Back