more jobs in brisbane?

I'm not comparing suburbs.. I thought we were talking about distances? i.e. inner, middle, outer?

Have a look at the map of Logan City.. Sunnybank/Sunnybank Hills are right on the border of Logan.. they couldn't be more 'outer Brisbane' if they tried ;)

I grew up right next to Garden City.. My uni trips to Gardens Point were about 50mins by bus. In my mind even Upper Mt G is still middle to outer Bris..

Underwood / Underwood Rd (Logan) is literally 5k's from garden city:)

Which Logan suburb does Sunnybank border? I didn't think it did but maybe I'm wrong.

Ok, they're not located directly on the border, but very close. Underwood (part of logan) is just as south from the CBD as Sunnybank Hills and has quicker access. Hence, Sunnybank/Sunnybank Hills = 'outer Brisbane'.

I'm not comparing suburbs.. I thought we were talking about distances? i.e. inner, middle, outer?

Have a look at the map of Logan City.. Sunnybank/Sunnybank Hills are right on the border of Logan.. they couldn't be more 'outer Brisbane' if they tried ;)

I grew up right next to Garden City.. My uni trips to Gardens Point were about 50mins by bus. In my mind even Upper Mt G is still middle to outer Bris..

I use something simple.
0-5 km = inner
5-10 = middle
10-15 = outer
15 + = bumf#ck

Hi all. What effect is the mining slowdown having on employment and job confidence in Brisbane or is this affecting regional Queensland and not Brisbane?

I work in corporate banking and spoke with a risk manager in our Property team in Brisbane this week who focuses on lending proposals across the property spectrum. It may be the nature of his role but he was pretty negative around current employment prospects in Brisbane, seeing similarities to what we have been facing in Perth recently.

Any views.

Thanks

Hi all. What effect is the mining slowdown having on employment and job confidence in Brisbane or is this affecting regional Queensland and not Brisbane?

I work in corporate banking and spoke with a risk manager in our Property team in Brisbane this week who focuses on lending proposals across the property spectrum. It may be the nature of his role but he was pretty negative around current employment prospects in Brisbane, seeing similarities to what we have been facing in Perth recently.

Any views.

Thanks

Brisbane CBD is more diversified than perth cbd. So the effect of mining downturn is less in brisbane than in Perth. Brisbane CBD is also further along the maturity curve in diversification than perth cbd.

This is relevant to me as I'm looking at borrowing quite a bit to buy in Brisbane as i live here and want to live in it (plus rent out some rooms to help pay it off. I'm just not keen to get into a long debt problem if there are no gains on property.

Just my obs: a lot of building/ construction going on, but the mining sector is def slower. Brisbane has a strong govie employment sector so thats always steady. Lot of large retailers opening up businesses. Fair bit of govie spending on large infrastructure on the north side. I think the economy is still slow overall and there are a lot of people looking for work and also underemployed (ie wanting FT but only working 2 days etc). Due to change of gov - now labour- business confidence has slumped a bit. Still lots of commercial premises for lease. That said lots of houses for sale and selling quickly compared to 2+ years ago. Dont know if these are sales to investors from down south.

Just my obs: a lot of building/ construction going on, but the mining sector is def slower. Brisbane has a strong govie employment sector so thats always steady. Lot of large retailers opening up businesses. Fair bit of govie spending on large infrastructure on the north side. I think the economy is still slow overall and there are a lot of people looking for work and also underemployed (ie wanting FT but only working 2 days etc). Due to change of gov - now labour- business confidence has slumped a bit. Still lots of commercial premises for lease. That said lots of houses for sale and selling quickly compared to 2+ years ago. Dont know if these are sales to investors from down south.

QLD unemployment is still running pretty high at 6.6% so economy is pretty slow overall. Slowdown in both coal/gas investment as well as manufacturing.

The quick sale of houses are definitely from investors down south. My local REAs have told me there has been a lot of "interest" from Syd/Melbs investors for the past year.

Back