more jobs in brisbane?

Is it just me or is anyone else noticing a strong growth of corporate jobs in brisbane... Seek.com seems to show significantly more jobs than before.

Promising signs from this report. Construction growth is usually the first green shoot in a recovering economy I believe.

?There were encouraging signs in Queensland?s construction industry in particular, which is up 10.7 per cent on our decade average, according to CommSec.

?Meanwhile, the Deloitte Access Economics Business Outlook report for the March quarter 2015 found Queensland has a growth portfolio with housing construction, tourism, foreign education moving up a gear.

?According to the Deloitte report, housing construction in Queensland is rising strongly, and a strong lift in approvals suggests there?s more to come.?

This has led Deloitte Access Economics to up its growth forecast for Queensland from 3.6 per cent to 4.3 per cent in 2015-16.

In the (insurance) building industry, which I'm in, the workload is ridiculously busy..

Why would anyone want construction to occur? You'd want less supply would you not? Or are you looking at it from a jobs perspective?

Why would anyone want construction to occur? You'd want less supply would you not? Or are you looking at it from a jobs perspective?

Jobs. A lot of investors are avoiding OTP Brisbane CBD apartments anyway, and also they are unlikely to compete with say a house 10-20k's out...aimed at totally different markets.

Interesting to see education in that list. Rings true, at least from a tiny pocket of personal experience (in a sense). I work in advertising and look after clients in the Qld market. The universities are all aggressively listing their advertising investment in Queensland, a sign that they are ramping up, possibly linked to increased demand there.

Interesting to see education in that list. Rings true, at least from a tiny pocket of personal experience (in a sense). I work in advertising and look after clients in the Qld market. The universities are all aggressively listing their advertising investment in Queensland, a sign that they are ramping up, possibly linked to increased demand there.

I think education is a no brainer.

Education and public service jobs growth should help mop up the soon-releasing mass supply of inner city units (hopefully!). I personally don't play in the inner-city Brisbane market. I look at middle and outer ring ones.

That said, I wouldn't mind picking up some of this new stock in say 4-5 years from now, when the stock is a few years old. All of the marketing/off the plan inflated costs would have shed off them by then, yet the depreciation benefits would still be in that golden period (for the first years of that period, anyway)

Education and public service jobs growth should help mop up the soon-releasing mass supply of inner city units (hopefully!). I personally don't play in the inner-city Brisbane market. I look at middle and outer ring ones.

That said, I wouldn't mind picking up some of this new stock in say 4-5 years from now, when the stock is a few years old. All of the marketing/off the plan inflated costs would have shed off them by then, yet the depreciation benefits would still be in that golden period (for the first years of that period, anyway)

where does the middle start? does greenslopes count as inner cbd?

where does the middle start? does greenslopes count as inner cbd?

Hum, I think it just counts as inner. Yeah I'd call it inner.

From a south-sider's perspective the middle is around mt gravatt, Sunnybank which is just a few suburbs from Greenslopes, all the way down to Calamvale and Parkinson. Then outer south is beyond Parkinson (Browns Plains, which is where Logan begins).

Cbd (central business district) = postcode 4000.
Inner suburb = Greenslopes
Middle ring = Mt Gravatt
Outer ring = Sunnybank
Logan = Logan

I think Greenslopes is definitely on the up, in particular Stones Corner with the proposed Buranda development. I still think units (old or new) aren't worth touching due to present and future oversupply..

Have a look at the map of Logan City. Sunnybank Hills is on the border of Logan, hence Sunnybank/Sunnybank Hills outer ring Brisbane.

You're seriously comparing Logan to Sunnybank? I assume you're from the north side?
I'm not comparing suburbs.. I thought we were talking about distances? i.e. inner, middle, outer?

Have a look at the map of Logan City.. Sunnybank/Sunnybank Hills are right on the border of Logan.. they couldn't be more 'outer Brisbane' if they tried ;)

I grew up right next to Garden City.. My uni trips to Gardens Point were about 50mins by bus. In my mind even Upper Mt G is still middle to outer Bris..

Back