MORE on Sunshine

There's been a few threads on Sunshine/Albion, but I'd love to see something up to date and a bit more specific - anyone with good current knowledge of the area? Where are the good/promising pockets?

Background: having decided to buy an IP in Sunshine for around $340K and spend maybe $10-20K updating/renovating it, I'm trying to pinpoint the right spot for growth.

A Residex report I've downloaded had some tables which showed 'top 5 streets by median value' and 'lowest 5 streets by median value' - I would've thought it would be good indication as to the good/bad areas, but when I looked up the streets on the map, they were basically next to each other, and there seemed to be no real division between them. How does that work???

So, what are your thoughts?

Sunshine Coast - still awaiting development

The Sunshine Coast has been struggling to pick up and a lot of stock has come onto the market in the last few years - the rental market is struggling - locations that are lifestyle driven have suffered. Many property spruikers who push QLD stock at Property Seminars (motivated largely by high commissions) are selling various sites in QLD, that damages the local market.

Please be aware, unlike most other states QLD requires a PADM 27 C which discloses to the valuer the marketing costs - taken off the purchase price. Eg. I had a client who bought a property via Bluewealth for $499,000, it valued at $390,000 this time last year - they are struggling to get over $390/w in rent.

The Sunshine Coast has been struggling to pick up and a lot of stock has come onto the market in the last few years - the rental market is struggling - locations that are lifestyle driven have suffered. Many property spruikers who push QLD stock at Property Seminars (motivated largely by high commissions) are selling various sites in QLD, that damages the local market.

Please be aware, unlike most other states QLD requires a PADM 27 C which discloses to the valuer the marketing costs - taken off the purchase price. Eg. I had a client who bought a property via Bluewealth for $499,000, it valued at $390,000 this time last year - they are struggling to get over $390/w in rent.

Wrong Sunshine..

My Sunshine Experience

Indeed, you have found this market to be a bit confusing given the RPdata. I do believe the nature of the market maybe responsible for this. I love the area and it will grow when some of he planned developments come into place.

Back