More properties up for grabs?

Reply: 1

I don't think any 'good' can come out of terrorist attacks. I don't think those people who lost family will ever think that any amount of money can replace those who were nearest and dearest to them.

No compensation can be enough for loss of life or health. Please be human.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1.1

Oh ye, here comes another one of my “buddies”.
Did you read the article buddy?
Sorry buddy you missed your stop.

It is exactly what I'm saying - those accounts should've been arrested months or perhaps years ago and money never moved or invested anywhere in the economy, at least in our economy.
We perhaps, would not have all those problems today or at least not to that extent.

I'll say it again, this time bit slower - if those (if any) properties will be repossessed from the terrorists it is good for all of us. Hopefully world would be safer for all of us including you...

What do think buddy any thoughts at all?

Serge.

Reply: 2

Dear Serge

What are you on about?

rgrds
HT

Reply: 2.1

Dear HT,

All I'm saying is if you or any one happened to be shopping for real estate in near future and come across Disseised Estate sign, might as well ask what’s wrong with the property and buy it.

Three things will happened -

1. Help your self to secure a bargain (Government Agencies would not drive hard bargain simply because all they want is to sell it as soon as possible to get hold of the money)
2. Help those families to get compensation (bit late for it now but they still are entitle to it)
3. Help all the society (all of us) to be bit secure in future.

That is all.
Sorry it took three attempts to explain it in simple terms.

Thank you.

Serge.

Reply: 2.1.1

Hiya Serge,

Just a tip, a lot of deceased estates, that are run by the public trustee, have minors as one of the beneficiaries.

If there is a minor involved, the courts wont allow the property to be sold any less than 5% under FMV. I think this may be a new law, as it wasn't in place, (that I heard of ) a couple of years ago.

TW
~Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all~

Reply: 2.1.1.1

TW is right there.

My father works for the public trustee and confirmed this with me. But the issue with deceased estates at the moment is cause the property market is so hot even deceased estates are going well above market values.

For instance (a real story), a property that has been in the public trustees hands for the last 8 months in BNE was first listed at $450k. It was an old Queenslander sitting on 2 titles in a classie suburb. The property needed work done to it to bring it back to it's former glory. Due to the amount of time it took to sort out the beneficiaries etc it took the public trustee until last month to place it up for auction. With the boom of Brissie properties over that time they revised the property value up to $560k. When it came to auction day it sold after vigorous bidding at $625k.

So do we still think of deceased estates as being really good deals???

Just to let you know, most of these properties end up in developers hands or professional (full time) investors hands.

Though one property auction I had TW go to for me, in a lower class suburb, had mums and dads falling over themselves to buy a property that should have been bulldozed over. The PT were only expecting a sale of $25-30k. It sold for $50k. But the biggest thing about the place was the person actually passed away inside the property and wasn't found for 6-7 weeks. It stunk, there was a big stain in the middle of the lounge room where the person had passed away and started turning to liquid (gruesome I know but this be the truth). There were holes in the walls that rats had started nibbling on the outsides of. Not to mention the quality of the power cables???

Hope you enjoyed these stories, it just points out that deceased estates aren't always what they are cracked up to be. What most people expect in deceased estates is similar to what is read via Rich Dad Poor Dad. Sorry guys, it's not.

Cheers
Robert

The Sydney "Freestylers" Group Leader.

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1

Oh well, looks like we have to stick to the basics.

Serge.

Back