Moreton Bay Subdivision - Help!

Hi Everyone

We are considering purchasing a house in Moreton Bay (Res A) on 2200 sqm block. I think its on 1 lot but has two street numbers (i.e. 13-15 Our St) - when you search pdonline it only comes up with 13 and Lot 1. All the other houses in the street are single numbers (ie it then goes 17, 19, 21, 23 etc). I've tried researching using MBRC website and really struggle to find anything useful.
Does the fact that it has 2 st numbers mean its more likely to be approved to divide to two lots? We've been advised that we're probably looking at about 50k to subdivide into two lots and then $100k if its possible to subdivide into 3 lots. We are brand new to this and not even sure its feasible yet. To be honest I cant even find a zoning sheet which tells me the requirements for Res A in MBRC.
Can anyone offer some tips or a kick in the right direction? We'll go have a chat to council on Monday probably but hoping to do a bit of due diligence over the weekend.
TIA

Tina

Hi Everyone

We are considering purchasing a house in Moreton Bay (Res A) on 2200 sqm block. I think its on 1 lot but has two street numbers (i.e. 13-15 Our St) - when you search pdonline it only comes up with 13 and Lot 1. All the other houses in the street are single numbers (ie it then goes 17, 19, 21, 23 etc). I've tried researching using MBRC website and really struggle to find anything useful.
Does the fact that it has 2 st numbers mean its more likely to be approved to divide to two lots? We've been advised that we're probably looking at about 50k to subdivide into two lots and then $100k if its possible to subdivide into 3 lots. We are brand new to this and not even sure its feasible yet. To be honest I cant even find a zoning sheet which tells me the requirements for Res A in MBRC.
Can anyone offer some tips or a kick in the right direction? We'll go have a chat to council on Monday probably but hoping to do a bit of due diligence over the weekend.
TIA

Tina

I hear you

The moreton bay council planning documents are a shambles. 800 pages of dross
You will probably have to get professional help

Council would be the best start though

The draft MBRC planning scheme may will increase your development potential greatly.

At the moment it will depend whether your block comes under the old Pine Rivers, Redcliffe or Caboolture councils. If you PM me the address I will have a look and answer back through here, sans identifying info.

Back