Mortgage Watchdog software

OK, I'll admit it, I got sucked in! :eek:

http://www.mortgagewatchdog.com.au/index.html

Bought the software (got the $99 "we've got some damaged copies" special) and spent an hour or 2 plugging in the transactions from our mortgage accounts, offset account, interest rate changes, etc.

To find that our bank is pretty much charging what they should be (I say "pretty much", because I found a 32c credit here, and a $1 discrepancy there - not enough to warrant trying to argue for the refund they guarantee).

Anyway... has anyone else succumbed to the "slick" marketing and doubts that the banks may make mistakes, bought the software (or done their own analysis) and found that their bank does/doesn't make mistakes?

(PS. In a previous life, my wife worked for a bank, starts with N ends with B, in testing new products, and so she knew that the bank software often had bugs in it.)

Last edited:
I bought probably two or more years back, spent hours and hours loading information, only to have the computer crash and lose it all.

I promised myself that when I had a computer which was stable (we had it crash a few times with various issues) that I would start again, but I'm too darned lazy.

I did find errors, but I believe some of it was that I had gone cross eyed trying to plug in the numbers.

I found it again this week whilst filing some papers. I promised myself this week I would give it another try......

Will report back when it is done..... please don't hold your breath :)

Thanks for reminding me. That's been in the 'to do' pile for a couple of years now. I have done part of one loan, and if I've entered the information correctly, I'm in front (undercharged).

I'm going to put that to the top of the pile now actually. Cheers

Thanks for reminding me. That's been in the 'to do' pile for a couple of years now. I have done part of one loan, and if I've entered the information correctly, I'm in front (undercharged).

I'm going to put that to the top of the pile now actually. Cheers

That's what I found too, if anything, they've undercharged me! :)

I found it both ways, and I was curious about sending that form letter ...... do I let on about the undercharging? :D.... or only tell them about the overcharging?

Now where is my moral compass?

Apologies to the "old-timers" for starting a thread that probably didn't need to be started. Doing a search, though, it doesn't seem that anyone who has tried it has found any glaring issues.

At least, if this has reminded some people to go back and have a look, it's not all wasted. :D

Back