Mortgagee Sale

Just a quickie,

Had an agent ring me today after my inquiry about a property. Now after he went throught all the issues with the place (renovation issues) There was a number of issues which had me ask is the place vacant and was this a morgagee sale.

He said he cannot disclose this and cannot discuss whether it is a mortgagee sale as it will be going to auction. Now I found that a little odd, is there an issue in saying it is a mortgagee sale, I'm sure it will have to be stated at the auction or am I off the mark.

Not that this will change my move on the place but just wondering is all.

Brian

Well I never considered to ask that, I was just suprised when he said he cannot talk about it.

I will be attending an open house on Saturday so will ask the agent who is the seller, I don't see asking if its a mortgagee sale or a private sale as a hard question and I don't understand why he is being coy about it.

Brian

Agents

I have found that agents are quite different from Sydney to Gold Coast.

They do not disclose much at all.

If you ring their office to ask how much a property was sold for they simply tell you "we cannot tell you that". I have found it very odd, where in Sydney if you ring an agent they tell you without batting an eye-lid making you educated about the property you are purchasing and the surrounding area. When we first moved up here 5 years ago we felt like they were all working for the 'secret service'.

Afterall, if you know what price-range the property was sold then you wouldn't be wasting their time and yours.

So I guess this is the same for whether it is a mortgagee sale or not.

I think agents on the Gold Coast and Brisbane must disclose more and they will find that they will probably make more sales as people will spend more time talking to them so they can find out exactly what you are looking for.

Sounds like the agent is being a w*nker.

If you go to page one of contract it will say who vendor is.

I wouldnt talk to agent if he was being like that. Other tell tale sign is front windows have a note on it like a4 page of paper.

Sounds like the agent is being a w*nker.

If you go to page one of contract it will say who vendor is.

I wouldnt talk to agent if he was being like that. Other tell tale sign is front windows have a note on it like a4 page of paper.

Agree with Nath...just ask the agent who the Vendor is...should be "xxx as mortgagee in possession" or similar...
They can't withold this information from you.

Boods

Back