Most Annoying Habits of Co-Workers

If you have a job in an office environment then I'm sure you know what I am talking about......:mad:

unnecessary use of speaker phone.
constant playing the table with fingernails...
Eating lunch @ desk instead in the lunch room. (not in all jobs)

Would like to hear from other people.........

i always ate my lunch at my desk because i would spend my lunch hour going for a long walk along the waterfront to get out of the office!

there way no way i was going to spend my hour sitting in the lunch room listen to the other women rave on about ridge and thorn's love lives (bold and beautiful for those who have never worked in a "middle aged women" office!). arrrgh - they used to carry on as if these soap stars were real people.

let me out .....

the most annoying thing i found was that we all wore discrete headsets for phone calls, and one could have an entire conversation with someone else - before realising they weren't talking to you, but to a client.

One guy I worked with thought passing wind was funny. The smell was so gross it would not completely leave the room for at least 15min.

I seriously did not know it was humanly possible to smell so bad (and I've looked after many people with bowel conditions -many moons ago).

Anyway, he was reported and his foul behaviour stopped. He's since moved on :).

My pet hate when I worked for a company was the "victims of the world" so hard done by and instead of being stroked by their good efforts in life, they constantly have dramas occouring and thrived off drama. Absolute pet hate when people treat their lives like their living in home and away.

Hands down top #1 hate.

My pet hate is when you get a new boss who walks in and says don't worry things won't change then he proceeds in changing things before he even looks to see if things work the way they are.

When I did my management training the first things they told us were

"don't rip down the fences until you know why they were built" and

"If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Don't start me on working with people. How come intelligent people don't think to look to see if there is a bottle of milk open before opening another one (5 bottles of milk open in the fridge).

I need a holiday (3 days to go Yeehah). Bali here I come.

Don't start me on working with people. How come intelligent people don't think to look to see if there is a bottle of milk open before opening another one (5 bottles of milk open in the fridge).

And people open the freshest bottle with the longest use by date while full bottles end up getting tipped down the sink. :mad:

Regards

The Milk Monitor

asking me questions all the time is the most annoying habit my team members have. i hardly get to do any other stuff.

Can't be helped when you know everything. ;)

Next time guide them to where they can find the info. that is of course if it is written down somewhere. It may take more of your time initially but they stop asking if they have to find it anyway.

Then tell HR that you're now a team leader and need more money.

Regards

Andrew

And people open the freshest bottle with the longest use by date while full bottles end up getting tipped down the sink. :mad:

Regards

The Milk Monitor

No-one would be so bold as to look at dates.
I am the milk monitor and when the milk is delivered (Monday and Wednesday) I have to run down at lunch and rearrange them so the new ones don't get opened. I went on holidays last year for 2 weeks. When I got back everyone complained because all the milk was out of date and they had no milk for coffee.:rolleyes:

2 things.

i once worked in an office environment with a man (a statistician) who had the worst under arm smell. I use to gag when he came to my desk to talk about some reports we were working on together. I asked to be taken off his account and they replaced me with my good friend from work (yes i felt bad :eek:) but funny enough it didn't bother her. hmmm

second is. i was the one in the office to always slam my phone down when hanging up. didn't even know i was doing it until someone asked me 'if i was angry at the caller' :rolleyes:

My only real irritation at work is that I'm trying to get more money for one of my younger guys on the team, ans our higher management is dragging its feet. HE is very good at his job, and could easily make more elsewhere, and is under pressure from the new wife as they want to buy a house together.

(I told him if we can't get him a pay rise and he wants to leave, I'll make a few calls and get him some good interviews.)

We had a woman in the office years ago who'd phone our team leader any time she wanted to talk about anything. This office had a paranoid boss who had installed really loud actual bell ringers (no volume) on all the phones. And she'd let his phone ring and ring and ring at very regular intervals ...

Not so bad, but there were 6 people in the team, 6 cubes in a row, he was at one end and she was at the other. She could have walked a few metres and looked if he was there. And he drank such strong coffee you could tell when he was in his office by smell anyway. No smell? He's out getting a refill. Smell getting stronger? He's coming back, perfect time to waylay him and talk.

Same woman went through the entire project's code base and changed every single function name and variable from the originals to Hungarian notation. Totally unnecesessary and made it hard for everyone else to work out what was happening in the code.

She didn't work ther for particularly long ...

Bosses who casually lean against your door frame - without fail, at 4:15pm on a Friday afternoon - and casually say "Hey, don't think about going anywhere, we've got a (phone call / conference / meeting / FWE) with the rig coming up at 5 and I need you in there. I'll order in pizza cos it's gonna be a long one." Ugghhhh.

Next is the painful phone call to the wife, who has organised baby sitter, has hair done, is in best frock, with tickets in hand to event.....hmmmm.....decision time.

It was a sweet day, due to property investing, when I was able to tell the boss "No thanks".

Working in an open plan office next to someone who talks to themselves. So frustrating when sometimes they actually do talk to you and they expect you to have been listening the whole time.
Hello iPod my new best friend!

Back