Most fun jobs you've ever had

I get close! :D

Not a 'job', but I found renovating a house very enjoyable. Myself and my investment partner put a couple of months into a proper cosmetic reno just over a year ago. We did almost all of the work ourselves. Demo was great! Rebuilding was really interesting and satisfying too. The only thing I didn't really like was painting. I'm good at it, but I don't 'like' doing it.

Purchase price was $480,000 in Nov 2011 and in Nov 2014 we had it valued for a bank loan valuation for $725,000 (post reno) and we all know the loan valuations are low ;)

Of course it wasn't the reno that increased the value, but it sure helps it rent easier and gets a higher rent.

For a 'job' I liked working at Tip-Top. Oh yeah, and after I left high school, I worked as an assistance maintenance person at a high school in the hills. That was great fun! I had a fantastic boss. His wife cooked us lunch every day too :D

Awesome Perthguy! Yes; i'd agree and say my reno uplifted the value of my ip very substantially too. Also, shouldn't knock volleyball involvement as a career. I know 1 guy who has 3 properties (previously in construction) and since sometime on his 40's he's just runs volleyball comps, coaching at schools and does heaps of player development... he's got one guy going into the national team.... no other FT job. I was like wow ... a guy who does what he loves for a living! An insipration! Though I will say he had those properties before embarking on volleyball as his primary earned source of income. :)

Race director for an international mountain bike race - also media manager another time and course director. Good fun, good crowd, highly stressful but a major buzz

Of course, there ARE jobs out there that could earn a decent income while being fun, but I'd say they are few & far between.

My nephew has pulled it off. He's a great kid. Must be 25 now. He has always loved boats, and now he drives those big tugs that operate out of Newcastle. I think he's the youngest person who has ever managed to get a gig as a Master on one of them. I'm guessing he earns close to $200K. His younger brother is about to finish his marine engineer qualifications - just doing his last few months off Port Headland. They'll do great things those two boys.
They put their spare money into property.

My nephew has pulled it off. He's a great kid. Must be 25 now. He has always loved boats, and now he drives those big tugs that operate out of Newcastle. I think he's the youngest person who has ever managed to get a gig as a Master on one of them. I'm guessing he earns close to $200K. His younger brother is about to finish his marine engineer qualifications - just doing his last few months off Port Headland. They'll do great things those two boys.
They put their spare money into property.

Awesome. Livin' the dream!

Dominos pizza scooter delivery guy! funniest job and cruisey. It was in a small town in central Queensland biloela out side Gladstone. I had no idea what was busy or quiet in the kitchen if just keep riding them out and if people had been waiting they'd let me know. I'd happily give then a free garlic bread or round the price down, they loved that! I got chased by drunk superheros through town, they were regular young blokes who would usually order after a few drinks on the front lawn under the sprinkler

Working as florist during high school years. Never had bad or angry customers. Being around flowers makes people happy. Also purchasing flowers to someone makes people happy.

I used to invent new colours. My favourite was a cross between Orange and Aardvark which I called Ovark but it never took off because the spectral composition of natural light has never been the same.

Most Fun job was running our B&B.

Easy work mostly; met lots of interesting folks.

Cons - bugger-all money in it, and weekends were shot.

Worked as a concierge in Observation City Hotel (Scarborough Beach, Perth). A bunch of 18-21 yo boys with all-access to a luxury hotel, room service, bars, and all the valet cars, what could possibly go wrong?

Would have been some interesting times depending on when you were there :D

Before joining the bank I worked as a Development Officer for HockeySA, went to schools teaching kids hockey. Was pretty fun.

I enjoy working for the bank, dealing with property everyday... which is what I do most of the time when I'm not at work.

Also worked at Golf Pro shop when I was a kid, was always pretty fun.

So guess I've only really worked at places I enjoy and that I'm passionate about, some might argue haven't worked too much at all than ;)

Dial A Dinos

Remember that pizza chain from 1980's? Young, fresh, full of kids and mad busy when 2 pizzas dropped from $15 each for a large, to 2 for $19.90.

Delivery times were 1 hour even with 20 delivery drivers. My voice would become hoarse continually answering phones for 4 hour straight.

Minesite security and emergency response member.

It was a very cruisey mine site. We got to burn alot of stuff and do al sorts of destruction for the purpose of 'training' ;)

I was a Postie with Australia Post, got to deliver the mail and the male. :D

No seriously, this was one of the best jobs I ever had. 21 years of age racing around the streets on a little scooter. Had a round where hardly anyone cared for their lawns. My own little race track.

Got to go home as soon as I'd finished delivering the round. Use to start at 6:00am, finish around 10:30am, paid for the whole day.....I hear it's a little different these days though.

I was a Postie with Australia Post, got to deliver the mail and the male. :D

No seriously, this was one of the best jobs I ever had. 21 years of age racing around the streets on a little scooter. Had a round where hardly anyone cared for their lawns. My own little race track.

Got to go home as soon as I'd finished delivering the round. Use to start at 6:00am, finish around 10:30am, paid for the whole day.....I hear it's a little different these days though.
Sounds cool. Fresh air... and getting paid... and finishing at mid morning... awesome

not mine, but my friend decided one day that the best way to get attractive girls was to setup a website, print off business cards and walk around functions handing cards out pretending you are looking for the next top model.

he had a ball!!!!

I was too busy getting married :mad:

Forklift driver was pretty fun, racing around on the forklift doing spins in the wet, occasionally dropping stuff and causing thousands of dollars worth of damage.

Not the most fun job, but the job I most enjoy is being a children's telephone counsellor. A lot of people get burnt out from the work, but I find it pretty cruisey. Plus I get to help kids out. And the money is pretty good in my book. And my bosses and colleagues are awesome. Can't complain about my job. Not many people in that position.

Back