Most ridiculous thing you've had stolen

It amazes me the things people steal these days. A few weeks ago, I had planted a row of $15 hedges out the front garden only to find someone knock one off. I eventually got around to replacing it, and a week later, the replacement was gone!

I've also had a 2 year old pair of shoes stolen on Broadbeach in the Gold Coast. Ridiculous! :confused:

I had plants stolen from the front of my house a few months back. I reckon it was probably a landscaper who needed them for a job.

Had my blinkers stolen off my car once when i left it parked at Westfields.

I have a swing at the back of my property for the children,next to it was two chairs so we could watch them as they play.
*******s took my chairs :mad:

Not so much stole as...

When I moved into my current PPOR, the previous owners had taken the cutlery basket from the dishwasher with them. Y'know, the one that fits really nicely into that specific model of dishwasher and is virtually useless otherwise...

Why?!?

Next time I'll remember to check INSIDE the dishwasher when we do the final inspection.

stolen goods

A brand new Nike box containing an old pair of slippers. They must have been so dissapointed when they opened the box:D

Don't think I have ever had anything stolen... guess I just don't have anything worth stealing.

Never been a victim, but have been the thief. I stole a pop ball in primary school and felt SO bad about it, it wasn't worth taking in the end. Have never stolen since!

Not so much stole as...

When I moved into my current PPOR, the previous owners had taken the cutlery basket from the dishwasher with them. Y'know, the one that fits really nicely into that specific model of dishwasher and is virtually useless otherwise...

Why?!?

I know why!.....because they couldn't be bothered unloading and repacking the cutlery, it was easier to take the basket. Same deal when I bought my first property in 1980 (Mortgagee sale), the owners had fled in a hurry and taken the whole kitchen draw.

they stole my cd player - but left all the cd's. obviously my collection isn't worthy! :eek:

also had some cheap cosmetic jewelry stolen stolen by the same thief, but they left scattered on the bed the expensive (like $3000) stuff - obviously didn't know what they were looking for.

i have seen a guy shoplift a $2 plastic badge - and told the shop assistant who gave chase. why take something like that? must've been the thrill.

i've had really odd things pinched.

... like my underwear, not my wife's.

... like an old piece of tie down rope from a trailer (not what was IN the trailer, being a bike).

... like my number plates (obvious, that one).

... like empty boxes from the back of my ute (maybe moving...?)

... like 40c from my car ashtray (along with the broken window).

... like my box of fuel receipts.

this could go on and on and on and....

I had a bear steal my food bag in Yosemite National Park 4 days into a 10 day hike. Bloody thing climbed a tree to knock it down, and it landed right out the front of my tent, and the bugger ate it all through the night right there......I spent the night cowering and sweating in the foetal position in case he decided he wanted dessert......one of the scariest nights of my life.

During my recent building project I only had one thing stolen. My can of pink marking paint. There were hundreds of dollars worth of other stuff lying around so I considered myself very fortunate to be robbed by a graffiti artist. :D

A broken pedestal fan from our carspot in the secure parking lot. Must be hard up if they couldn't pay $15 for a new one. Probably would've been more effort to get rid of it than it did to steal it once they worked out it didn't work anymore.

in bali my mates shoes stunk so bad i made him put them outside and in the morning they were gone. gross

In Bali my husband threw out his old joggers. He put them in the bin. Next day they were taken out and put on the floor. Next day we put them in the bin. Back out again. I guess they figured they were too good to throw away. We left a note saying he could have them or throw them away.

Each year in my classroom I put up a Christmas tree. I used to get the kids to bring in empty boxes and we'd wrap them up to look like presents. A week before end of term thieves broke in and took the computers AND the presents. Haha. I would have loved to see their faces. So stupid they didn't notice they weighed nothing.

I was worried that the kids (5-6yr olds) would be scared knowing someone had broken in (police came and finger printed etc) but we all had a laugh at the stupid robbers with empty boxes so it worked out well.

Most rediculous thing for me was what I didn't have stollen. My car was parked in 'mugs alley' with thousands of dollars worth of tools in the boot. It went! Then two weeks later it was found by police in StKilda with used syringes on the back seat, and the boot was still full of my shiny tools :D

My year 12 formal photo's disapeared from my room when I first went off to uni. Weird. Who wants photo's of someone else???

My year 12 formal photo's disapeared from my room when I first went off to uni. Weird. Who wants photo's of someone else???

A stalker?

I've had tissues (full box) and my lunch (complete with my lunchbox with my name plastered all over it!) stolen from my old work :confused:. Can't believe some people.

Back