Most ridiculous thing you've had stolen

a girlfriend lived in a house near a block of flats and she used to get cranky because every sunday morning she'd come outside and find her hose had had 20cm cut off it - at the tap end! she'd just wished they'd cut their bong requirements from the free end so she didn't have to keep re-fixing it.

My grandmother used to live with us when we were teenagers. She was the gardener. Her hose kept getting shorter - she could tell because it wouldn't reach as far. I told her that new hoses shrunk when left in the sun. She seemed to fall for it.

Mate of mine was a tradie. When he had a big job to do in the inner city once, he borrowed a mean dog to guard the tools in the back of the ute. Yep, the dog got nicked.

a girlfriend lived in a house near a block of flats and she used to get cranky because every sunday morning she'd come outside and find her hose had had 20cm cut off it - at the tap end! she'd just wished they'd cut their bong requirements from the free end so she didn't have to keep re-fixing it.

A mate's dad used to send us down to the local store with dome money to buy a 600ml plastic juice bottle. He used to tell us that if we bought the juice and rode to his girlfiend's place and cut some hose off, we'd get to drink the juice. We were only about 8 years old and thought we were onto a sweet deal. We didn't have a clue what was going on.

A mate's dad used to send us down to the local store with dome money to buy a 600ml plastic juice bottle. He used to tell us that if we bought the juice and rode to his girlfiend's place and cut some hose off, we'd get to drink the juice. We were only about 8 years old and thought we were onto a sweet deal. We didn't have a clue what was going on.

you have a clue now, though....right?

right?

but to top that I recently had my shoe laces stolen from my work boots. It was sooo unbeleivable that I went into histerical laughter

Similar to this, I lost the ability to work one morning.

Left my work boots outside my donga whilst working on a rig out in the desert. A couple of the lads during the midnight shift grabbed 'em and filled them up with water, then popped them both in the big industrial freezer behind the kitchen.

Woke up bright and sparky early next morning, sitting on my step with sox on, trying in vain to get my boots on, which were exactly where I left them the night before. They appeared heavy when I lifted them up, but was too tired to really notice.

It was only when I was trying to stuff my foot into the top of the boot that everything came to a very cold clunking halt. Three of the cheeky monkeys were sniggering around the corner of the mud tanks.....all good fun.

The welder's oxy kit was good for melting it quick smart.

A couple of the lads during the midnight shift grabbed 'em and filled them up with water, then popped them both in the big industrial freezer behind the kitchen.

Three of the cheeky monkeys were sniggering around the corner of the mud tanks.
I hope the boots were appropriately placed to the three cheeky monkeys.

Regards
Marty

At an IP I've had the copper pipes removed on several occasions. Another one the neighbour stole the clothes line, then left it leaning on the fence (their side, of course) as they didn't need it.

Nothing much taken while living in the so called "bad" area of Lethbridge Park, except the local youngsters would regularly break into our old car (and leave the good one alone) looking for anything left inside. They took the hub caps one day.

At a previous PPOR we had the kids bikes stolen. We were really broke back then and all the bikes were bought at garage sales for cents in the dollar, so no big deal. We always had plenty.

Another time my car was stolen. It had in the back some cheap and nasty ice skates and my roller skates, which were worth over $1k. Never got the car back, but the police suggested I take some mates and look at a well known area to see if it had been dumped. Well.....we found everything that was inside the car except for the ice skates. I guess they figured that roller skates were worthless.

Someone stole the chrome wheel trims off our work ute at the workshop.

Now, we are talking a crappy old 1992 Mazda Bravo, and wheel trims?? :eek:

They are pathetic looking and cost what?...$10 bucks each?

I feel sorry for the poor loser who thinks they are a good catch.

Back in high school, it was all the rage to go onto new building sites - obviously when the builders and plumbers had gone home, and open up the new PVC sewer caps. In there were some crackingly good big black O-rings, which we all used as "chokers" around our necks.

For the gutto brigade who wouldn't go and steal 'em, we'd charge 'em $ 5.00 a pop to look as cool as us. :rolleyes:

I made the mistake of wearing it to dinner one night. Mum was a nurse and went nuts at us. Restricting circulation, what is the world coming to, you'll die if you don't take it off etc etc etc.

That fashion accessory got the flick after about 4 months and we moved onto dog collars and chains. The local plumbers and builders were most grateful I'm sure. :)

Back