Move property to sold

How long does it take for an agent to move a property from "under contract," but still under buy heading in realestate.com, to the sold section of realestate.com?

Property has settled today and it is still under buy area of realestate.com.

Maybe when the keys are picked up tomorrow, the property will be moved to sold.

I know not an important question, but one of these odd things that get my interest. I guess the fact the agent hasn't advertisied how much it was sold for yet gives me confidence we paid a good price for the property. (agent does advertise other properties what they sold for).

How long does it take for an agent to move a property from "under contract," but still under buy heading in realestate.com, to the sold section of realestate.com?

Property has settled today and it is still under buy area of realestate.com.

Maybe when the keys are picked up tomorrow, the property will be moved to sold.

I know not an important question, but one of these odd things that get my interest. I guess the fact the agent hasn't advertisied how much it was sold for yet gives me confidence we paid a good price for the property. (agent does advertise other properties what they sold for).

Agents leave them up to generate more buyer leads. Its a form of fishing.

It varies with the agent. Like Matt said, it's a form of generating leads.

My PPOR was still 'for sale' 4 months after settlement and it was a 90 day settlement too. One of my other properties was listed as 'sold' just after uncon. Can't remember checking the others.

It's just so random, for me every transaction has been different.

In the latest one, the agent said they weren't even going to put up a sign until finance was confirmed. The other day he just put it up anyway, well before the finance date. I don't know why. Perhaps he was being slammed with inquiries and he was getting sick of it.

IMO the convention should be:

- Unconditional contracts --> instant "Under Contract" sign

- Regular contracts --> instant "Under Offer" sign, then when both are locked into the contract after the cooling off / finance dates, then it switches to "Under Contract"

- On settlement --> move to Sold section

I've noticed one of my IP's still has "Under Contract" from the sale to the vendor I actually purchased off..........2 years later!

That is to say, the listing that still shows is from the previous sale. I purchased from the new owner after only 6 months and from a completely new agent.

Sent the agent a message via the website, but no action.
I've been too lazy to bother calling them direct so far.

Annoys me when I see it, not sure if it compromises my market value sitting there all this time and not sold? Would it make it look like there's something wrong with the property? Perhaps I should be more serious about getting them to remove it - after all, it's not for sale or under contact!

After the keys were picked up yesterday property was listed as sold. Unfortnulty it also showed the price that we paid.

......and this is a problem because?

At best you would get 2-3 months of "privacy" regarding the sales price before the Land Titles people get the data and on sell it to Rp data and others.

Mine disappeared completely from the Internet the day it went unconditional, and the sign went down about three days after we got the keys.

I couldn't even show the listing to anyone!

Mine disappeared completely from the Internet the day it went unconditional, and the sign went down about three days after we got the keys.

I couldn't even show the listing to anyone!

Try googling the address if it was included in the listing. This should bring up the listing.
Marg

Yeah was hoping that was the case. But it's no big deal. We are happy with the price we paid and as more time passes, the happier I am regarding the purchase and the price.

Yeah was hoping that was the case. But it's no big deal. We are happy with the price we paid and as more time passes, the happier I am regarding the purchase and the price.

To be honest the REA wouldn't care what you paid for it.... They work for the vendor and just want to make a sale so they get paid.

Back