Movers from Perth to Sydney

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for movers to take my stuff from Perth to Sydney?

I don't have a lot, based on online calculators it's about 4 cubic metres which consists of a fridge (single door), washing machine, double bed and mattress, 8 storage boxes (standard large ones from storage/removalist companies).

Thanks,

Joel

I would sell the fridge, washing machine, double bed. You can buy that stuff here in Sydney, all second hand on gumtree for a song. I'd sell the Mattress too if in good condition otherwise dispose of it. 8 storage boxes... Do you need them?
I had a friend who drove all his belongings from Perth to Sydney in a van, which is one way to transport stuff.

Look for a company who is doing a backload - most companies go full to WA but have an empty return load (in most cases). This will give you the cheapest WA/NSW fares.

I'd just take the boxes if you need them there and sell off the rest and pick them up again in Sydney on Gumtree etc. You're appliances will never been the same again once they've been across the Nullabor

We used Allied Pickfords last year from Perth.

They did a great job and competitively priced.

Everything was packed into sea containers and transported by rail.

All our belongings arrived undamaged and in good working order.

If you only have the belongings as listed and they are not one of a kind type items, then I'd do as other have mentioned...sell them and purchase more once in Sydney. You would be able to pick up replacements items cheaper than the costs to transport.

If you had a house full then then thats a different story.

Thanks guys.

Nothing really special with the appliances & bed listed apart from they were all bought new a year ago. The 6 boxes possibly 8 contains things which are required so they have to get to Sydney. However not all of it can fit in my car which I'm thinking of driving back as a road trip.

You'd also be surprised how much a significant other can accumulate. But will try a trial load next weekend.

Sell the furniture and if you need to, buy a trailer for your boxes - I guess if you have a tow bar on your vehicle. PM me details of your fridge, suburb and when you would be getting rid of it. I probably won't be on forums for a week and a half though.
Most of my furniture/white goods/bikes got trashed/parts lost, back loading Perth to Brisbane.
We've done the drive a couple of times with kids/pets/trailers. Good trip!

Back