movie download sites

Havent you guy seen the ads its the same as stealing :rolleyes:

I don't buy that argument. Stealing a bar of soap from a hotel results in the hotel having one less bar of soap.

And I'd definitely park in a wheely space if there were no others free... if the car park is jam-packed with cars why should the wheelies automatically get an easy space when no-one else can? :)

I don't buy that argument. Stealing a bar of soap from a hotel results in the hotel having one less bar of soap.

And I'd definitely park in a wheely space if there were no others free... if the car park is jam-packed with cars why should the wheelies automatically get an easy space when no-one else can? :)

It isn't for wheelchair folk alone.

People in pain who struggle walking more than a 100m also qualify. Even if they don't look disabled.

But they prob need the exercise right?

Gosh, who busted you Monty? Your ISP?

Some mob from the US sent our ISP a warning letter about us D/L which they passed on
Talking to the guys from work all of them who were using bit torrent on the same ISP got caught as well.

My flat mate got caught downloading a tv show that had already been on TV
My gripe is that I can make a copy for personal use of a tv show via PVR, VHS etc
but when I download the show you can get busted. It is still for personal use.

It isn't for wheelchair folk alone.

People in pain who struggle walking more than a 100m also qualify. Even if they don't look disabled.

But they prob need the exercise right?

no they don't
it's only people who have a disabled permit that qualify.

if you just struggle walking and are in enormous pain it's not good enough.

no they don't
it's only people who have a disabled permit that qualify.

if you just struggle walking and are in enormous pain it's not good enough.

It is if your doctor signs off on the RTA form.

You find me a Dr who wouldn't sign off on his/her patient in chronic pain?

I know from first hand experience? You?

Anyway - this is getting off topic...

I was surprised to read this (being 2010 and all), but then I remembered you live in the outback*, with (I'm guessing) slower-than-average internet speeds. What are the connections like there, RE?
The downloader of the 'bad' bootleg new release movies lives in a capital city and it boggles me, because he could just take her to the CINEMA and watch them on the big screen. He's been known to download and watch 'jiggly' movies with her that she's already seen at the cinema with her grandparents. In recent years he takes her out places like the zoo or swimming less and less and stays in to play computer games and watch downloaded movies more and more so I shouldn't be surprised. Strange man, but aren't all exes?

We only have Internode adsl not adsl2 here so we're just on a run of the mill 1500 connection I think, same as you get everywhere else. Lovely quality, no dropouts, no line noise, no complaints about the speed for anything. When we lived in an adsl-free area we had Telstra wireless and were getting 3 megabit quite consistently, albeit with a higher ping than adsl. The service quality was very good, the problem with Telstra is the pricing. $130 for 10G including uploads, then shaped to 64k. It is cheaper now, but only on a new service on a 24 month plan.

My biggest complaint about the adsl-free area is simply the lack of television without a 2 billion foot high mast with a raft of amplifiers, which pretty much forces you to download (or ask someone in the city nicely to record) the stuff currently playing on free-to-air TV if you're interested in TV. That particular town - in the exact center of a known TV blackspot - is excluded from the retransmitted satellite free-to-air TV unless you pay a small fortune to a TV technician to say you can't get TV. Or just lie about your address, say you live 1km down the road, and get the decoder card for free. Which we never got around to doing. When they switch off analogue TV I hope someone puts in a retransmitter tower for digital, since none of the digital TV channels are being put on satellite.

Austar makes a fortune from these blackspot areas.

Hrm, a thought - is it legal/fair use to download a torrent of a TV show that was on 2 hours ago because you had a power failure, missed the last 10 minutes and goddammit, you REALLY wanted to know how it ended? :)

Done that a few times. We have very poorly timed power failures here.

The downloader of the 'bad' bootleg new release movies lives in a capital city and it boggles me, because he could just take her to the CINEMA and watch them on the big screen.

It boggles me, because it's insanely easy to get most everything in high definition. Anyway, good to hear your net isn't that bad. Even I only have adsl in Tarragindi, because it's one of those suburbs that just happens to be really far away from an exchange. I could get an ADSL2 account, but the speeds I'd get would be almost the same anyway. Actually what's funny is that while I was discovering all of this, I found out the house I just moved from, is practically right next door to an exchange and can get absolutely full speed ADSL2. I should let my tenants know.

It boggles me, because it's insanely easy to get most everything in high definition.
That's what I thought when she first told me about the 'jiggly' movies!

But get them legally, of course :)

TV is good these days though, we haven't downloaded much of anything since we moved here. Nowhere near as laggy behind the US as it used to be - the networks have caught on how many people download recordings of US TV and watch them before they show them here. Loving ABC2 and 3. If you're pre-teen, who needs to download anything with those two channels? And 10 is pretty good in the evenings. Digital TV reception here is fantastic. We can see the transmitter from our roof, right through a gap in some trees :cool:

picture.php

picture.php

Computer games downloaded over Steam (or some other seller) are legal, way cheaper than in the shops and none of that CO2 in the packaging either :)

Back