Moving to brisbane

Hi folks,

I'm moving to Sth of Brisbane with my wife, any good areas to live in?

Yeah, the northside. I live in Windsor, love it. But probably moving closer in soon, to The Valley. Windsor/Lutwyche area is great, very nice area, close to the city and has it's own shopping hub, which is very convenient.

It's also about ten minutes drive from the airport, might be good depending on how often you plan to fly outta Brisbane.

Mark

Winston Wolfe said:
Yeah....Bondi Junction is Sth of Brisbane. I hear kiwis like it there.
A bit rough WW (but a good laugh).:D

Initial, forget Bondi Junction if you are looking at Brisbane - but, if Sydney attracts you, check it out....

Regards,

Thanks for your advice people.
I was thinking about other Oz cities such as Melbourne & Sydney, but prefer the sunshine and the developments sth of Brisbane.
We have a couple of friends there.

You're talking a very large area and it would be dependant on what style of property you want, what your budget allows and your needs for transport etc.

I'd be considering Capalaba, Cleveland area first. Anything near the water is always going to good to live and provide growth. Then maybe Springwood area, loads of facilities and not too expensive. Mt Gravatt is another good area.

Personally I'd recommend the Northside of Brisbane....people are far more intelligent, classy and better looking on the northside...not sure why just the way it is I guess. :D :D

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

I'd be considering Capalaba, Cleveland area first.
I also like the Redlands area (the shire that Capalaba & Cleveland fall into).

Personally I love Redland Bay and intend on moving there sometime in the future myself.

As Kevin mentioned, a lot will depend on your personal requirements like need for transport, schools etc.

Probably a good idea is to take some time looking at different areas you are considering and try to get a feel for the different areas.

Regards
Marty

I noticed a few people have mentioned Cleveland. Someone who's opinion I respect very highly suggested Cleveland was a nice area. For those of you with properties there, how has the area treated you CG wise? Are there pockets that do better than others? Are there areas you wouldn't buy?

Mark

Personally I'd recommend the Northside of Brisbane....people are far more intelligent, classy and better looking on the northside...not sure why just the way it is I guess. :D :D

Yer a brave man, Kevin.

Come here and say that!!! :p

Seriously, though, Initial, it really depends on what type of property you're looking for. If you want 'inner city yuppieville' try Indooroopilly or the like. If you want outer suburbia 'little boxes on a hillside' try Springwood or Collingwood Park.
If you want a lovely 'family friendly' suburb, not too far out of town, but far enough, try somewhere around Salisbury or Mt Gravatt.

Capalaba and Cleveland are hugely different suburbs, one's quite 'working class' and the other's not (in that order).

Really need more information to make an informed suggestion.

asy :D

G'day Kev,

Kevin Hockey said:
people are far more intelligent, classy and better looking on the northside...not sure why just the way it is I guess.
Maybe you just answered your own question Kev (below) :p

Kevin Hockey said:
Mind you we do have enough Kiwi's already, god bless 'em. Most of my staff are from the country where Man and sheep are friendly
Hmm - yeah, that could help the balance somewhat - no wonder the Northside rocks !! :D But there are still one or two of us on the Southside - so it's not all gloom and doom for that area - we do our best to bring that area up too :D

Regards,

Hi Guys

Kevin said:
Mind you we do have enough Kiwi's already, god bless 'em. Most of my staff are from the country where Man and sheep are friendly

I didn't know there were any Australians left.:(

Regards

We ALL know that the only reason the northsiders are better looking is that there is double the choice .... they all have two heads :D

Now, if you are really serious, you would be looking on the southside.....

Wylie

We ALL know that the only reason the northsiders are better looking is that there is double the choice .... they all have two heads :D

Now, if you are really serious, you would be looking on the southside.....

Wylie

OH THERE WE GO!!!!! the gloves are off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

i have but two words for you southsiders...

inala and woodridge:p

Back