Mr Rudds first Mistake

The Rudd government has demonstrated poor judgment since its election and it is now clear that its first major error was its rhetoric about the inflation genie being let out of the bottle. It was this alarmist type of commentary that bashed consumer and business confidence, coupled with the Reserve Bank raising rates during and immediately after an election campaign in total ignorance of the global liquidity crises that was about to hit Australia.

To sum the Rudd governments first year government, they (with the assistance of the Reserve Bank) led the Australian economy charging off the cliff Thelma and Louise style.

and i was so happy with the previous gov, and the land slide change, to labor. well!
hope they are happy now, "those hard working people of australia " that is!
as i said pre election, better the devil you know, than the one you don't. we know him now.

Who cares where ever he goes , he can stay there as far, funny to see the airforce, push him out on some tarmack somewhere, and saying sory kevin we took a poll and the ausiees don't want you back. lol.

Yes I'm sure Mr Howard would have been able to stop that pesky financial crisis... :rolleyes:

Who is blaming Mr Rudd for the financial crisis?? I was referring to Mr Rudds lack of judgment demonstrated by his carping on about an inflation crisis and exacerbating the problem from a domestic perspective.

The Rudd government has demonstrated poor judgment since its election and it is now clear that its first major error was its rhetoric about the inflation genie being let out of the bottle. It was this alarmist type of commentary that bashed consumer and business confidence, coupled with the Reserve Bank raising rates during and immediately after an election campaign in total ignorance of the global liquidity crises that was about to hit Australia.

To sum the Rudd governments first year government, they (with the assistance of the Reserve Bank) led the Australian economy charging off the cliff Thelma and Louise style.

Totally agree Daz. What they should have done is keep IR low and encourage every one to borrow even more money. If more people borrowed the economy would just keep humming along tickety-boo..... :rolleyes:

Totally agree Daz. What they should have done is keep IR low and encourage every one to borrow even more money. If more people borrowed the economy would just keep humming along tickety-boo..... :rolleyes:

Thanks Dis, your right, sending more families to the wall on the basis of underlying inflation caused by global increases was a master stroke!!

I don't think business will be much helped by the prospect of further tax from his carbon emissions trading scheme in the current situation either.

Louise

thumbnail.aspx

At least now he can not blame the prior government for all the problems
Australia now faces,but he plays the psychology-economics hard times lines very well..willair..

I don't think business will be much helped by the prospect of further tax from his carbon emissions trading scheme in the current situation either.

Louise

Your not wrong, shutting down industries, charging more for power, I wonder when they will come clean with the cost to our economy.

How can Rudd be blamed for the world wide downturn? Regardless of what he implemented it wouldn't have alleviated "sending more families to the wall on the basis of underlying inflation" (very emotional line there Daz).

As my wife said to me a while back about whinging parents at her school. When she offered to solve their problem and they refused.

"People just want to whinge and complain. They don't want the problem fixed as they then wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Get real guys, how can it be Rudds Fault? Successful people will be successful without resorting to whinging about who's in power right now.

In fact instead of using the words "without resorting to" i should have used "because of not whinging"

How can Rudd be blamed for the world wide downturn? Regardless of what he implemented it wouldn't have alleviated "sending more families to the wall on the basis of underlying inflation" (very emotional line there Daz).

As my wife said to me a while back about whinging parents at her school. When she offered to solve their problem and they refused.

"People just want to whinge and complain. They don't want the problem fixed as they then wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Get real guys, how can it be Rudds Fault? Successful people will be successful without resorting to whinging about who's in power right now.

In fact instead of using the words "without resorting to" i should have used "because of not whinging"

You are VERY wrong!

People will always find something to whinge about ;)

There seems to be more emotion in your post than all the others in this thread put together.

Where in any post above has Mr Rudd been blamed for a worldwide downturn?? nor did I blame Mr Rudd for increased interest rates, that was the RBA. Mr Rudd did damage consumer and business confidence however with his inflation fighting crusade post election. It helps to read the post before responding.

Wonder if there's a tally somewhere that shows how much of his first year he actually spent IN Australia? :D

It was mentioned on ABC radio the other day; 65 days per year on average out of the Country for Little Johhny, and not that many (yet) for Lapdance Kev.

Come back L.J - all is forgiven. (I voted for him).

I think you're getting pedantic now Daz.

My point is that business and consumer confidence is down around the world. Caused by circumstances far removed from what Ruddy says (or said).

We are part of the world economy, more than at any time past.

And I dont think my post had any emotional language at all.

Where in any post above has Mr Rudd been blamed for a worldwide downturn?? nor did I blame Mr Rudd for increased interest rates, that was the RBA. Mr Rudd did damage consumer and business confidence however with his inflation fighting crusade post election. It helps to read the post before responding.

I think you're getting pedantic now Daz.

My point is that business and consumer confidence is down around the world. Caused by circumstances far removed from what Ruddy says (or said).

We are part of the world economy, more than at any time past.

And I dont think my post had any emotional language at all.

Not getting pedantic, just wanted to point out that your comments had no relevance to the content of my original post to which I presume you were referring. I assume that if you actually knew something you would have provided us with an example of your knowledge relevant to the thread, but unable to do so you segued into a meaningless ramble about whinging

Back