MS office

Hi All,
I have to get myself MS office. Not an upgrade. I need the whole kit and carboodle:eek:
Any suggestions on best price or is there a nice friendly site that l can download it for free?

And may l suggest to everyone the importance of back up :eek::eek::(:mad:
cheers
yadreamin

You have to buy Microsoft Office.

There are free downloads for word processing and spreadsheets but I have never used them.

MS Office is retailing for around $125 - $129 for use on 3 computers. This is the "home version". The Professional version which also includes Outlook is around $249 for one computer.

We recently had a computer die on us. Backups were sufficient but on numerous CDs and USBs (well, we hope they were sufficient, we did not use them). We were able to retrieve the data directly from the hard disk. If the data loss is causing problems, I suggest you investigate whether your data is recoverable.
Marg

I recently downgraded from 2007 to 2003 because I prefer the way the menu was and was struggling to find the menus i was used to.. and I have an IT degree :(

Mind you there was a ruling recently that microsoft can no longer sell ms word

I recently downgraded from 2007 to 2003 because I prefer the way the menu was and was struggling to find the menus i was used to.. and I have an IT degree :(

Mind you there was a ruling recently that microsoft can no longer sell ms word

I have only tinkered with 2007 but so far have found it really great. Yes, a few of the menus are tricky to find but once mastered I think it will be much easier.
HINT: For the main actions that were previously listed under "file" you go to the windows icon in the very top left corner, click on it and there they all are.
Marg

l did download open office and l think its pretty good however the 2 most important programes l have were created with excel and have the macros open office wont operate my 2 programes.
What ever happened to my computer it looks like the hard drive was wiped clean:mad: Maybe it was the millenium bug:D late.
I will soldier on
thanks so far for the replies
cheers
yadreamin

I have to get myself MS office. Not an upgrade. I need the whole kit and carboodle:eek:

One other thing to consider; If you've found yourself with a pirate copy of MS Office, then Microsoft offer a free copy of MS Office if you send them the pirate copy along with answers to some Qs.

See: http://www.microsoft.com/australia/genuine/buygenuine/office.mspx

Alternatively, if you have a student in the family, you could potentially buy the student version for a lot less money (subject to all their qualifications).

Back