MS Outlook 2007 help

One for the PC nerds please :eek:

I have an outlook.pst file that is just under 2Gb. Recently I had messages that outlook could not cope with such a large file and suggested I delete some e-mails - which I did.

I have also copied off e-mails to a separate folder and deleted them out of outlook but the pst file remains the same size. Now I cannot send any more emails and get an error "unknown error 0x80040201" when trying to send/receive.

Any (helpful) suggestions? Thanks.

Go into the Properties of the Personal Folder (by right clicking on the Personal Folder). Then hit the Advanced button followed by the Compact Now button, which will reduce the size of the file.
Deleting emails just flags them for deletion, it doesn't shrink the size of the database file. Compacting should sort that out.
Good luck!

So you're saying I should not have pushed "cancel" just a moment ago when I thought it had 'hung'. :(

I'll push it again and go eat lunch - thanks Rob.

So you're saying I should not have pushed "cancel" just a moment ago when I thought it had 'hung'. :(

I'll push it again and go eat lunch - thanks Rob.

Sounds like a splendid plan. It will look like it's hung, so be patient. Have Yum Cha for lunch. That will help fill in the time.

Back