Multiple issue re: tenant, need help as to how to proceed

This will be along post but I can't work out how to make it otherwise and it still be clear what happened. Need to explain in full so you will understand the situation better.

Tenant has started action against me with CTTT. His claims are distorted and some are pure fabrication. Tenant left property at beginning of Dec because he would not pay $15/week rent increase. There were been MANY maintenance issues over course of their 18mth tenancy

1) blocked sewer, dealt with immediately on day that tenant notified agent which was a Saturday.

2) during extreme storms in Jan 2011 the garage was inundated. This matter took few days to remedy because of the time of year. Plumber attended cleared storm water drains. Routine Inspection report done in presence of tenant at beginning of March 2011 states " since clearing of drains & digging of trench down side of garage there has been no further flooding to garage area"

3) I was notified on 1st June 2011 that the oven door was broken. I instructed agent to get it fixed

4) On 5th July received email from agent informing me that tenant had started action against me through CTTT because oven was not fixed. Also included in email was attachment of quote from electrician advising that oven was irreparable and would need to be replaced. Quoted was dated 29th June. I then rang agent because I was confused. I had told them to get oven fixed. They hadn't. I had not chased it up because I thought they would have acted as instructed. I was furious. I rang tenant myself & found out that oven was not working at all. So it went from door that would not close properly as I was originally told to oven totally unusable. Arranged for purchase of new oven and installation but it took 10 days to get it done. We were in contact with tenant the whole time keeping them informed as to what was happening. We have diary entries to confirm phone calls to tenant & agent and emails also. We realise that 10 days is long time but it could not have happened any quicker. We live 1000km from the rental property. Biggest time delay was getting electrician back to install oven. Tenant was informed of such & had agreed it was ok. The oven that was replaced less than 2 years old and was an expensive oven when purchased, not some cheapy of ebay. The oven was installed on 19th July which was only 10 working days.

5) On 20th July tenant rang & told us that hot water heater (also less than 2 yrs old) didn't heat over night. We called electrician & he attended the next day & had to replace fuse. He also commented that he thought that the control unit on side of the heater looked as though it had been removed because the screws were loose when he went to remove the cover to inspect it.

6) On 14th September tenant contacted agent re: light globes blowing. We contacted electrician and he attended and replaced fitting. He also informed us that light shade would have to be replaced because it was broken.

7) Tenant sent email to agent on 2nd October (Sunday of long weekend) informing them that air conditioner was not working. Agent did not contact us until 6th Oct and them only by email. We contacted air con technician that day but he did not return our call. We managed to contact him next day 8th and he said he'd attend on following Monday. We contacted tenant and informed them & they were OK with that. We also asked them if we could give the air con tech their phone number so he contact them directly and they agreed. We emailed agent to inform them what was happening. On 10th agent rang asking what was happening because they'd received an abusive phone call from tenant re: air con repair. We go WTF. Tenant had our phone number so he could have contacted us directly but on previous Friday he knew that air con tech would attend on the following Monday. This left us very confused. Could not understand what was going on. Tried to ring tenant no answer. Rang air con tech. He had been in contact with tenant and arranged to attend on 13th .... day that suited them .... he could have gone any day before that but they specified the 13th. He found the air con to be cooling & heating really well. He did however suggest the replacement of sensor unit because if anything was wrong it would be that. We agreed. We contacted tenant and informed them that a part needed to be replaced and would have to be ordered and that we were unsure as to how long it would take. Once again tenant said they were OK with that. Tues 18th we contacted air con tech & were informed that part had still not arrived & he was unsure when it would be in. We rang tenant again to keep them informed. Tenant once again seemed to be OK with it all. Contacted tech again the next week & he said that he expected the part by end of week & would install next week on day that suited tenant. we rang tenants again to inform that part was due & would be installed the next week on day that suited them and that tech would contact them directly to arrange the day.

8) We had already notified the tenant of rent increase. They knew about the rent increase at each contact we'd had with them over September and October but they never mention it so we thought they were Ok with it. Then on 4th November the agent notified us that tenant was taking action with CTTT asking for increase to be waived because it was unfair because

1)regular flooding of the garage area and it took 3 months for the problem to be rectified. Sewer was unblocked the day that tenant notified the agent. Inundation of garage due to extreme weather happened a few weeks after the sewer was blocked. The water drains were cleared and a tench dug to direct water flow away from back garage door was done the week after the inundation. The routine inspection report for March states "that there had been no further flooding". At no time during the rest of the tenancy did the tenant ever mention further issues re: flooding of the garage area. BUT when lodging claim with CTTT he said it had been an ongoing issue. Is it fair to ask why he had not informed us that there was still an issue with the flooding. It seems only common sense that if he could notify us of so many other maintenance issue, the majority of which I have not included here but including sliding door coming away from opening and needing to be reinstalled, cornice coming away from along the front of built in wardrobe in main bedroom to name just 2. He also claims that the problem had been an issue before their tenancy started and that they had not been informed. i lived in the house between 2002 & 2009. At no time did I have any issue with the garage flooding during bad weather. So he's making claims that are just not true & I don't know how to prove them as such.

They also claimed that had to keep garage doors sandbagged to prevent possible water entry. Once again we were never informed that this was happening by either tenant or the agent and only became aware of it in this claim.

2) all the dates he quotes re: oven replacement & air con repairs are wrong. BUT they should be easy to prove as such because we have emails & phone log, purchase receipts, invoices etc.

3) he claims that he first informed the agent that there was a problem with the air conditioner on July 20th, but we were not informed by agent that there was. So how do we prove that we had no knowledge of it? He claims that we told him that it was still under warranty and that we would get it looked at. We could not have told him that because we didn't know there was problem. He then claims that he got a technician to attend.

All the claims he's made are either false or if unattended to because we had no knowledge off. He manipulated the facts to make things appear worse than they were and much of it is outright lies. After we received this I rang the agent and had a heated discussion with them re: why they weren't keeping us informed. They said they had told us everything we needed to know. The tenant was saying one thing & agent another & I didn't know who to believe. After much thought I decided to cancel the agreement with the agent because I felt they could not be trusted. There were also issues with transfer of fund into my account being late on many occasions.

We agreed to the tenants demand re: rent increase because we wanted to avoid a hearing especially because we would have to do it on our own because the agent flatly refused, saying that we cause all the problems because we wouldn't let them manage the property. They caused the initial problem re: oven by NOT getting it fixed as they had been instructed and that is what prompted us to get the thing fixed ourselves.

At the time that new agent took over the management the tenant handed in notice to leave giving required 21 days notice. During the course of the tenancy I had paid all but one of the tenants water use bills to try & show them that I cared that they had been inconvenienced firstly by the inundation and then by the delay in the oven repair. The property IS water compliant and I did this only because I was trying to show them that I cared.

They handed to keys back on 5th Dec. The new agent attended the property the afternoon of that day. We were in Sydney at the time & had arranged to do final inspection with her on 6th. During that inspection I found many things wrong with the property mainly cleanliness but there were alos things like heat damage to the kitchen benchtop, walls being repainted without permission, damage to the outer casing of the internal air con unit, holes in one of the bedroom doors that had not been repaired very well and were glaringly obvious, damage to kitchen doors & drawer fronts. When I'd spoken to the agent the previous afternoon she said she was happy with the condition of the property. I was actually horrified when I saw the place. Both toilets were filthy, the oven & the cook top with covered in baked on grease, the sink was filthy. There was dust on all skirting boards & light switches, the carpet was bulging in places in 3 of the 4 bedroom, the curtains were filthy, the concrete slab on back patio area was covered in paint, there was grass clipping piled up along fence line, cigarette butts in all the gardens. The ingoing report indicated that all these were clean at the start of tenancy so I instructed the agent that they would need to be addressed before I was happy to release the bond. The other damage I was not going to make an issue of because once again I was trying to avoid having to go through CTTT to get orders. The agent said she would inform the tenants and get them back to address the issues I'd raised. On late on Friday of that week I received email from the agent informing me that tenant had refused to do all the things I had asked to be done and asking my instruction re; release of bond. It was to late to respond by either phone or email. I sent response on Sunday telling them not to release the bond and to try & get tenant to comply.

On the 24th December I received email from agent informing me that tenant
had once again started action against me with CTTT and this time was claiming compensation to tune of just over $9000. I was totally gobsmacked. The new action/claim by the tenant listed all the things above but this time they included itemised amounts of monetary compensation for each one, such as 44 days without cooking facilities at $10 per day $400, they were allowing 4 days grace to accommodate postage time (postage time? all correspondence was by phone or email and we're unsure where they get 44days from). 65days with out air con at $15/day. Now I wondering who helped them do this claim because i didn't know about air cons being given a value of $15 with regard to rent charged until the new agent took over the management. Seems more than coincidence to me that tenant is claiming exactly the same amount that agent told me. Or is $15 with respect to air con a standard figure used by all agents as monetary value of air con with respect to rent charged?

So what I'm after is input on how to handle this. the new agent won't assist us because all the claims being made by the tenant concern issues that happened before they became the agents for the property. Fair enough I suppose. However I don't think they have actually submitted the proper paperwork re: bond. They agent concerned is not back from holidays until the 9th Jan and the office will only be staffed by people who are just clerks, there won't be any property managers back until the 9th. The hearing is scheduled for 19th. I am going to ring CTTT to see if I can get the matter deferred and the bond issue heard at the same time. Big problem though is that I'm no where near any of the CTTT offices so i will have to organise to get abck to Sydney and quite frankly I can't afford it. Without the rent from the property it seriously impacts in my finances, the rent forms the main part of my income. I've on part pension because the income form the house affects my payment.

Sorry this is so long and thank you to any of you that take the time to read it. I'm really desperate for some input. It seems do unfair that tenants can get help from the tenants tribunal but there doesn't seem to be anything for landlords .... or is there. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again, and once again sorry for how long this post is.

Having "fired" the agent responsible at the time is going to make it a tad difficult.

Oven, well the time frame is really to long, agents fault or not. However $10 a day is ridiculous more like $10 a week.

The rest of it is going to rely on your documentation. You need to list it out bullet point style not the wall of text above or the magistrate won't even read it. ie

xx/xx/xx flooded garage reported
xx/xx/xx contact x to fix
xx/xx/xx Invoice from x $$ drain cleaned problem solved.

Locate all your invoices as evidence.
At the hearing ask the tenant to produce the invoice for the technician they called. I personally would not ask this before then.

No idea if you can be present via a conference call perhaps?
I've had tenants like this before they know the system and are not afraid to lie through their teeth to screw the landlord.

What a mess!

Your tenants sound horrible, but it is possible (though not likely) that they have told the agent what they are saying, and that at least part of the fault rests with the agent.

It sounds very similar to a house my parents rented, where the tenants left after a good (privately managed) arrangement up to the point where the tenants bought their own house.

They left the house filthy and made up stories which they told the "judge" at the tribunal. I went to the hearing with my parents as support, as my Dad had Alzheimer's and Mum needed someone with some clarity to help her through it.

What I learned (and what we, luckily, had prepared correctly) was that the "judge" wasn't interested in hearing a long, draw out "he said, she said" story. We managed to condense the claims we were making into dot points and kept it to less than two pages.

Make sure the dates you were notified are clear and that you acted immediately, and were give the "all clear" by the tenant each time you called. Keep emotion out of it, and don't attack the tenant.

In our case, Mum had told the tenant not to bother cleaning the old 1950s wardrobes as we would be ripping them out and installing new built-ins. Tenants decided that meant they didn't have to clean anything, and the left it in a disgusting state, also burn marks on the kitchen benches from a hot pot and broken louvres etc.

At the hearing, Mum and the tenants were given a few minutes to state their cases, but the main thing I noticed was that the "judge" went straight to Mum's dot point list, read it and I watched his face as he went through the photos I had taken to show how filthy the place was left.

We had won right then and there. I could see his face, and was confident. We were respectful and the tenants were badly dressed (bank manager :eek:) and disrespectful and when my parents were awarded the whole of the bond except $12 they stomped off and slammed the door. Was very enjoyable :D.

It sounds like you haven't rented the house again. I don't know why, but I would be getting the place cleaned yourself if you are waiting for them to come back and do it. Or pay a cleaner and claim the money from the bond. I have heard it said here that this is not possible, but we did get in cleaners and were awarded the cost of doing so, so perhaps it comes down to how the judge is feeling on the day? Maybe the rules can be bent.

Either way, I'd get it cleaned as best you can, get a new tenant in and start the rent flowing again.

If you cannot attend yourself, can you get all the documentation, proof of notices, dot point summary with how you responded quickly once you were told of issues etc together and pay the new PM to attend for you?

Good luck with it. I cannot imagine the tenants would be awarded that sort of compensation when you have done all you can, and would love to hear the outcome. I think if you can prove all you have done, they may get their bond back at worst, but I have no idea of the value placed on daily penalties for such things as air-con and oven.

Important information is to ensure judge reads the bit that you called them, told them fix date, and they were happy with it. Emphasise that at no time did they say anything other than that they were happy. Also emphasise that the times chosen were several days later than the plumber/repairman could have attended. Backup statements from the repairman would be good.

I do know (in Queensland) that my parents made darn sure that they lodged the application to keep most of the bond BEFORE the tenants had a chance. That way, if the tenant disagreed, it was up to them to organise and pay for the tribunal hearing. They had to fight to get their money back. It is probably too late to get in first, but do get your facts sorted, keep it tight and tidy and provide photos if at all possible, or at least a full but brief dot point description of how it was left together with the ingoing condition report.

Sounds like they are "trying one on".

So what I'm after is input on how to handle this. the new agent won't assist us because all the claims being made by the tenant concern issues that happened before they became the agents for the property..

But were the tenant in place whn they took over? if that's the case the new agent shoulkd have done there due diligence when taking over - an should appear for you at any hearing. Ask this agent if they really are serious about keeping you as a client....

The Y-man

OUCH,

I agree with the above with the dot pointing.

I would note at each dot point if an invoice for the work is attached.

IE dot point 1 Blah blah
Attachment 1 INV
Attachment 1.1 photo (showing damage)

If laid out in order and the judge can look at the dot points and can go direct to the invoice or your evidence with ease shows you are organised. I would even note diary entries if you have them. Get a print out of your phone records and this will also show the date and time you rang either the tenant or agent.

As for your property I would get it repaired and cleaned ASAP and get it on the market for what ever the increase in rent was to be (ie up the $15). Have you got insurance you maybe able to put a claim in?

Without going back reading your post did you say the agent (past) give the place the all clear in the exit report? Or the new agent give a entry report as all ok?

If the new agent has given the place the all clear and you think its a mess, maybe worth considering a new agent or are you being over emotional on some of what you are seeing (not having a shot), the snow ball effect so to speak.

I would also get a copy of the regulation and read them so you know your rights.

Other than being well prepared and not to get into "I said they said" battles not much else can be said.

Keep us informed of the outcome and any lessons learnt re the court etc.

Brian

I didn't read your post because it is too long.

What is the tenant taking you to the CTTT for? Compensation, breaking a lease etc?

I hope you are able to get it sorted out quickly.

One thing I wondered was why you were contacting the tenant, when you had an agent managing the property. I think when you get multiple people contacting the tenant it becomes easier for the waters to get muddy.
If you have a PM, I would let them manage everything, and dont get involved at all. If they then dont follow through on issues, its clear where the fault lies.
Never contact the tenants directly. The tenants probably sussed you out as being able to be manipulated by their demands.
And the agent can say that you were managing the situation and they have an "out".

I didn't read your post because it is too long.

What is the tenant taking you to the CTTT for? Compensation, breaking a lease etc?

The tenant is seeking compensation for

1) not having a working oven. He's claiming 44 days compensation at $10/day. On 1st June we were contacted by agent re: oven door not closing properly. Instructed agent by return email to get repair done immediate. On 5th July received email from agent informing us that tenant was starting action against us about the oven. Attached to that email was quote for replacement of oven dated 29th June. The agent had not gotten the oven fixed as instructed on 1st June. Oven went from having door that would not close properly to oven not working at all. we took over. Had new oven installed within 14 days, major delay being tenant not allowing access for electrician to install. Tenant was kept informed at all time what was happening and was OK with it all. Tenant withdrew claim with tribunal on that occasion.
2) that they were severely inconvenienced and had lost valuable goods by constant flooding of garage. We had sewer & storm water pipes cleared within days of initial inundation that occurred in Dec 2010. In routine inspection report in March 2011 agent states that "there had been no further problem with flooding to garage area". If there was a continuing problem the tenant to my knowledge did not make it known to the agent.
3) that they were severely inconvenienced by RC split system air con not working properly for all of the winter. We were notified by agent by phone on 20th July that there was problem. Tenant told agent they had gotten some one out and that nothing could be found to be wrong with the unit. Agent told us matter was resolved. Heard nothing more about the aircon until 1st week of October. Got air con tech out and he found the air con to be "heating & cooling well". He did suggest that as sensors sometimes play up that we replace it "just in case". We and technician both contacted tenant re: replacement of part. Tenant was contacted numerous time as there was delay in part arriving. Tenant was OK with it all. Technician assured us an the tenant that air con was working at the time and safe to use & replacement of part was just a precaution. At not time did the tenant tell us that the air con was not working. Now their claiming compensation for 65 days of not being able to use air con at $15/day.

sorry this is too long again. We did put hold on tenants bond because there were issues with cleanliness etc. they had also painted walls and we requested that they provide proof that it had been done by professional painter. We had given permission for walls to be painted but only by a professional licensed trades person. Tenant refused to attend to items requested & refused to provide documentation. I agreed to release bond even though I was not happy with the condition of the property. But before we could release the bond the tenant started this new action with Tribunal so agent suggested that bond not be released until hearing.

sorry for taking up you time but I don't think you can give advise with out knowing what was happening & why

I would appreciate any input/advice that you are able to give. Thanks again

We did put hold on tenants bond because there were issues with cleanliness etc. they had also painted walls and we requested that they provide proof that it had been done by professional painter. We had given permission for walls to be painted but only by a professional licensed trades person. Tenant refused to attend to items requested & refused to provide documentation. I agreed to release bond even though I was not happy with the condition of the property. But before we could release the bond the tenant started this new action with Tribunal so agent suggested that bond not be released until hearing.

sorry for taking up you time but I don't think you can give advise with out knowing what was happening & why

stick to dot points like wylie said and be very clear. the painting issue has changed a bit from "walls being repainted without permission" to "We had given permission for walls to be painted but only by a professional licensed trades person."

is there actually anything wrong with the paint job? if not leave it out.

stick to dot points like wylie said and be very clear. the painting issue has changed a bit from "walls being repainted without permission" to "We had given permission for walls to be painted but only by a professional licensed trades person."

is there actually anything wrong with the paint job? if not leave it out.

One wall was painted grey and the cream wall beside it has splashes of grey paint over it. Something I don't think would have happened if it had been done by a professional painter.

As I said, i've tried to keep my explanation as succinct as possible but obviously in doing so I have just caused more confusion insteadof making the situation clear as i had intended.

Thank you for your input. It is appreciated.

One wall was painted grey and the cream wall beside it has splashes of grey paint over it. Something I don't think would have happened if it had been done by a professional painter.

evidence? photos? evidence of your agreement? what exactly was the permission to paint?

As I said, i've tried to keep my explanation as succinct as possible but obviously in doing so I have just caused more confusion insteadof making the situation clear as i had intended.

Thank you for your input. It is appreciated.

this is how the tribunal will respond or think. harden up or it will cost you.

we're trying to help and also trying to learn. a situation like yours doesn't come up on this board every day. post the results of the hearing please?

I agree with the others. Think of this as the sort of questions you will likely get from a "judge" if you don't have everything very clear and detailed.

If you waver in your answers, you weaken your case.

We do want to help. We are all landlords and dread this happening. Learn from us and we can learn from you.

I agree with the others. Think of this as the sort of questions you will likely get from a "judge" if you don't have everything very clear and detailed.

If you waver in your answers, you weaken your case.

We do want to help. We are all landlords and dread this happening. Learn from us and we can learn from you.

Exactly.
We are constantly going to tribunal..and we never let a tenant bluff us.
If we lose, it is because the Director didn't follow the law, or occassionally it is a grey area.
We then try our best to sharpen our contracts, so there are no shades.

Exactly.
We are constantly going to tribunal..and we never let a tenant bluff us.
If we lose, it is because the Director didn't follow the law, or occassionally it is a grey area.
We then try our best to sharpen our contracts, so there are no shades.

or their understanding of the facts are different.

it's rather arrogant of you to think you know the law better than the director.

note to OP - kd is talking about Canadian regs not oz.

dazz might be harsh but gets to the point if you cant handle the forum u wont be able to handle the tribunal

in your other thread there were lots of good ideas on how to simple it up heres one

Having "fired" the agent responsible at the time is going to make it a tad difficult.

Oven, well the time frame is really to long, agents fault or not. However $10 a day is ridiculous more like $10 a week.

The rest of it is going to rely on your documentation. You need to list it out bullet point style not the wall of text above or the magistrate won't even read it. ie

xx/xx/xx flooded garage reported
xx/xx/xx contact x to fix
xx/xx/xx Invoice from x $$ drain cleaned problem solved.

Locate all your invoices as evidence.
At the hearing ask the tenant to produce the invoice for the technician they called. I personally would not ask this before then.

No idea if you can be present via a conference call perhaps?
I've had tenants like this before they know the system and are not afraid to lie through their teeth to screw the landlord.

heres an eg.

1)
xx/xx/2011 10:00am blocked sewer reported from agent
xx/xx/2011 10:10am contacted plumber to fix
xx/xx/2011 11:30am Plumber fixed blockage, Invoice from plumber $$

2)
01/01/2011 10:00am garage flood reported
01/01/2011 10:10am contacted plumber to fix
04/01/2011 Plumber attended cleared storm water, Invoice from plumber $$

3)
1st June 2011 oven door was broken
2nd June 2011 instructed agent to get it fixed

following?
keep its simple and brief the easier it is to read the more chance everyone has of understanding it and helping you
just slow down put the information without writing everything going through your head

have 1 nice brief version with the basics and another with the full detail (still brief) if they require more information

Hi Kerry,

Decent amount of information there in post # 1....if one is prepared to wade through it all. Dated bullet points would be far better as suggested above.

You state in your moniker that you live in Tweeds Head and the IP is approx. 1,000 km away.

Could you please advise where the IP is located (i.e. which state). Is it Qld or NSW ??

Once I know what state your IP is in, I shall do a bit of digging for you under the relevant legislation and provide you with some relevant feedback as you requested, addressing your points pursuant to post # 1.

or their understanding of the facts are different.

it's rather arrogant of you to think you know the law better than the director.

note to OP - kd is talking about Canadian regs not oz.

It may be arrogant, but it is true, and when we do appeal, we show the Juducator, and then win.Our system is a little bit different. It starts as a private hearing with just the tenants, Director, and ourselves. If either side appeals, it goes to the Small Claims Court, where it is open to the public.On occassion, the Judicator has erred, Rob (AlmostBob) politley disagreed, and when the Judicator seemed surprised, asked where that info was located in the Act..Rob stated the page and paragraph...and Judicator thanked him,looked it up in the Act he has at his bench, while Rob was in the witness chair.

Learning from mistakes will take place in either country.

The tenant is seeking compensation for

1) not having a working oven. He's claiming 44 days compensation at $10/day. On 1st June we were contacted by agent re: oven door not closing properly. Instructed agent by return email to get repair done immediate. On 5th July received email from agent informing us that tenant was starting action against us about the oven. Attached to that email was quote for replacement of oven dated 29th June. The agent had not gotten the oven fixed as instructed on 1st June. Oven went from having door that would not close properly to oven not working at all. we took over. Had new oven installed within 14 days, major delay being tenant not allowing access for electrician to install. Tenant was kept informed at all time what was happening and was OK with it all. Tenant withdrew claim with tribunal on that occasion.
2) that they were severely inconvenienced and had lost valuable goods by constant flooding of garage. We had sewer & storm water pipes cleared within days of initial inundation that occurred in Dec 2010. In routine inspection report in March 2011 agent states that "there had been no further problem with flooding to garage area". If there was a continuing problem the tenant to my knowledge did not make it known to the agent.
3) that they were severely inconvenienced by RC split system air con not working properly for all of the winter. We were notified by agent by phone on 20th July that there was problem. Tenant told agent they had gotten some one out and that nothing could be found to be wrong with the unit. Agent told us matter was resolved. Heard nothing more about the aircon until 1st week of October. Got air con tech out and he found the air con to be "heating & cooling well". He did suggest that as sensors sometimes play up that we replace it "just in case". We and technician both contacted tenant re: replacement of part. Tenant was contacted numerous time as there was delay in part arriving. Tenant was OK with it all. Technician assured us an the tenant that air con was working at the time and safe to use & replacement of part was just a precaution. At not time did the tenant tell us that the air con was not working. Now their claiming compensation for 65 days of not being able to use air con at $15/day.

sorry this is too long again. We did put hold on tenants bond because there were issues with cleanliness etc. they had also painted walls and we requested that they provide proof that it had been done by professional painter. We had given permission for walls to be painted but only by a professional licensed trades person. Tenant refused to attend to items requested & refused to provide documentation. I agreed to release bond even though I was not happy with the condition of the property. But before we could release the bond the tenant started this new action with Tribunal so agent suggested that bond not be released until hearing.

Still too long to read. I browsed the first sentance in each paragraph and it seems they are making a claim for
appliances that are not working and
the inconveniance.

What state is the property in?

Still too long to read. I browsed the first sentance in each paragraph and it seems they are making a claim for
appliances that are not working and
the inconveniance.

What state is the property in?

When I first started my current job, I used to write very long emails which outlined all the issues I had and how they should be solved. No-one read them, and everyone complained about them. One of the things my boss told me was that my point should be clear in the first sentence or paragraph, because that is all people read.

Terry is a great example of the point my boss was trying to make!

Back