Mum of two sleeping in car

Well, I saw half of the story tonight. It appears that her ex husband had custody of the kids previously because she was in the same situation. He said this is because she does not pay her bills. Of course, the ex could be saying this through vindictiveness, but I have a hunch there is a bit of truth in there.

If there is a father around willing to have the children then why wouldn't she send them there, rather than have them living in a car in a car park??

Why didn't she go to a womans refuge, a church, the Salvation Army??

Emergency housing would get you a place (due to priority) pretty quickly. Did she contact them?

Did she contact any of these before she contacted the media?

Then there's the lack of helpful friends??? Why would no one allow her to stay for a few nights, especially as she's an decent hard working mother with 2 young children?

Yet she's savvy enough to deal with a Tenancies Tribunal and contact the media.

I'm all for helping anyone that has fallen on hard times, but this woman isn't telling us everything.

If she's not genuine then she's taking quite a few trusting people for a ride.

did not want to tell anyone out of embarrassment

except the tabloid-est of tabloid media
red flag, next applicant​

Yes, I found this amusing also.

Apperently, according to her interview on the Fox FM Radio show, she claims her son was the one who recommended she "Go to the paper".

Hope, for her kids sake, they never have to "live" in a car ever again.

Cheers

Mick

she does not pay her bills.
Why would she when there are more important things to spend money on, like french manicures!! :rolleyes:

Sorry (my bad) but as a woman there are two things I notice in other women straight off the bat....their shoes and their nails, and the latter on this lady looked very nice (and freshly done)!!! :cool:

Last edited:
Maybe she is spending money on more important things like french manicures!! :eek:

Sorry (my bad) but as a woman there are two things I notice in other women straight off the bat....their shoes and their nails, and the latter on this lady looked very nice (and freshly done)!!! :cool:

Good pick up. I saw her nails too on Today Tonight last evening.....and, all whilst living out of a car.
Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Surely the medico she works for doesn't require freshly lacquered talons :p

Nothing wrong with having manicures, however when your life (and that of innocent minors) is in somewhat of a disarray:

PRIORITES :cool:

Why didn't she go to a womans refuge, a church, the Salvation Army??

Then there's the lack of helpful friends??? Why would no one allow her to stay for a few nights, especially as she's an decent hard working mother with 2 young children?

I'm all for helping anyone that has fallen on hard times, but this woman isn't telling us everything.

I must agree, there's so much support out there for people who have genuinely fallen on hard times, she could've done something.

Although, i'm guessing she doesn't want to send the kids to the ex hubby because she knows she'll loose them? But now she will anyway because she's gone to the media.

Why would she when there are more important things to spend money on, like french manicures!! :rolleyes:

Sorry (my bad) but as a woman there are two things I notice in other women straight off the bat....their shoes and their nails

I noticed that. I miss having my nails done, but i don't have them because i know i can't afford to get them done every 3 weeks or so.

If you've genuinely fallen on hard times you're not going to go to the salon to get your nails done or use a lot of petrol. I would've thought that perhaps she would cut her expenses and start applying for houses that are slightly more expensive a week.

Nothing wrong with having manicures, however when your life (and that of innocent minors) is in somewhat of a disarray:

Oh, but you must remember, she's just trying to look presentable...Last time i checked you could do that with out a manicure?! :rolleyes:

I believe Fox FM set her and the kids up in a serviced apartment for a month and gave her $5,000 for food...

http://www.fox.com.au/shows/mattandjo

If you go about half way down to Matt and Jo Show Podcast you can press play and listen to the audio..:rolleyes:

Good pick up. I saw her nails too on Today Tonight last evening.....and, all whilst living out of a car.
Yeah right. :rolleyes:

Surely the medico she works for doesn't require freshly lacquered talons :p

Is'nt she claiming that money is'nt an issue?

Thats what I take from her radio interviews.

Just being knocked back from rentals is the issue.

NOTE. Makes the mind wonder why a caravan park was'nt thought of in such desperate times.

Cheers

Mick

I believe Fox FM set her and the kids up in a serviced apartment for a month and gave her $5,000 for food...

OMG $5000 for food! :eek:

That is just beyond belief. No wonder these sort of people go to the media. The bleeding hearts all come out and think they are helping, when in fact all they are doing is making the problem worse. Not only for the attention/money seeker, but for others who think to themselves "I'll do that too".

I agree with most that's been said here. If she's so concerned about her kids there were other ways of going about this problem, and yes her fingernails probably shouldn't look that good for someone in this situation.

However as mum to two kids I can see why she would want a home close the school that they go to (and other activities) and why she could only manage a part-time job (not purely financial reasons either).

We had a single mum here in Sunbury in the same situation and she made the local paper but not the big media. I think that was because her kids weren't 'cute', one son was Austistic and no longer at the 'cute' stage. This is what annoys me I think.

Sometimes people just have to have drama in their life... maybe people watch too much Home and Away or something.
How much money is see getting from the media attention now?

Poor kids :(

BINGO!!!

I intended to mention this (thought I'd read the whole thread first), as it was wifey's first comment after seeing the story on the TV.

:cool:

Is it possible the french nails were done as part of the media? They would have makeup artists/hair stylists and possibly wardrobe to call on.

Just a thought

Although, i'm guessing she doesn't want to send the kids to the ex hubby because she knows she'll loose them? But now she will anyway because she's gone to the media.

This is where I think her story falls over the most. The father apparently has 50% custody of them, so he's obviously involved in their lives and cares about them. A lot of fathers only see their kids every second weekend. So surely he'd rather take them on, than have them without a home. I would have thought having them live in a car, rather than approach him and just say she was looking for a new home, would mean she'd have a greater chance of losing them. Very very bad parenting in my opinion. Putting her pride, greed, attention seeking attitude before her kids needs. That's the most disgusting part of this story in my opinion, even if she was totally innocent in terms of being evicted and can't find a place, this still makes her bad in my eyes.

However, I also appreciate how tough some people have it, single mother, trying to work part time to support them and probably is harder to find a home even if your record is clear. However, I don't believe the story and think there's more to it than that... we're talking about Dandenong area, at the risk of sounding snobby and judgemental, how much stronger can the other applicants be? If her record is clear and she pays her rent on time, I know I'd rather a single mum working in a doctors office than other applicants I could imagine in Dandenong on the lower rental levels.

Not everyone in this predicament brings it on themselves.

It appears all of the left wing bleeding hearts got taken for a ride again.

From the newspaper article :

She said she had given her ex-partner a false address after moving out of her previous home, and he had been unaware of her situation until it appeared in the media.

"He's a good father. I was just too embarrassed to tell him," Michelle said.

The children's father, Cameron, said he was disappointed Michelle had not gone to him for help before making her public plea.

"Had I been told I would have taken the kids in a heartbeat," he said.

"I would like the public to be aware and assured that the children will have adequate accommodation as of today when they come to me as part of a 50-50 care arrangement.

One of 'em sounds level headed and one of 'em is a vindictive twit.

The level of hate must run very deep to expose her children to these public shenanigans whilst their father is totally kept in the dark.

It appears all of the left wing bleeding hearts got taken for a ride again.

From the newspaper article :

One of 'em sounds level headed and one of 'em is a vindictive twit.

The level of hate must run very deep to expose her children to these public shenanigans whilst their father is totally kept in the dark.

Word!

Gotta luv ya Dazz :)

when they come to me as part of a 50-50 care arrangement

And there you have it. Maybe lost in the Family Court 1st time but now back in business:D

False address? No way she was going to feed him ammo so he could "go her for custody". She will lose most if not all Child Support on a 50/50 arrangement.

And she would rather see her kids sleep in a car........the cow. Typical family law children's issues litigant I'm afraid to report.

am showing huge restraint
not ranting off about vindictive mothers family court

my own divorce was very nasty
I feel sad for the ex and the kids, thought the story was BS

Not everyone in this predicament brings it on themselves. A bit of compassion can go a long way. Some people just need a break sometimes to get their life back on track.

Agree, but these people usually look dishevelled and suffer major mental health issues.

This group don't know 'a break' if it hit them in the face, and they certainly wouldn't think to contact the media.

These ARE the people that need shelter and nutritious food most, yet you don't see the average Joe or media rallying to help them :rolleyes:.

Back