Mum of two sleeping in car

Is'nt she claiming that money is'nt an issue?
Correct, so why cry "poor me"?? I'm seeing well manicured and freshly made-up nails and like many people will forget/dismiss her verbal claims of "oh but I can afford to pay $300 per week, I just can't get housing" which begs the question why?? Could it be because I'm a single mum?? Hardly!! I don't understand her angle at all; it is very contradictory, and I seriously believe there are underlying psychological issues and motivators at play here. :rolleyes:
Is it possible the french nails were done as part of the media? They would have makeup artists/hair stylists and possibly wardrobe to call on.
Sure, if your hands are going to be on show, ie. you're a hand model!!! :D

They might have been a $5 pack of fake nails , or the media jazzed her up abit.
The hubby could be an absolute a/h , watch out for the smoothie's. People thought butter wouldn't melt in my ex's mouth either but the stuff I could tell them .
The custody & divorce could have been of the 3yr nightmare variety , if you've ever been around one of those babies you'd jump in front of a bus before giving the other ammo like this , mr smoothie may have been waiting for this one. Straight back to the judge & of he goes with the kids .
60 app's , single mum , 2 kids , p/t job , could easily see it these days although it was probably more like 15 or 20 .
Did she even contact the media or did they find her ? And if she did well it was probably a smart if her run was legit considering - would you take your kids to a shelter - and she'd lose them !
Didn't want to tell friends or family , well it's hard to find any of either that would actually want to know when the chips are down without strings or some kind of throw it back later at the best of times anyway , but whatever , would you want to admit that , just read this thread !

Just poss' flip sides . Time will tell though, it'll all be dragged up you watch .

Last edited:
Ps.

And hey, on the flip side of the flip side , how many interviews did this chick do anyway ? She must have been busier than Rudd yesterday.
And where was that car park , hows the advertising that shopping center must have had .
Whatever the case one things for sure , problem solved , she's probably retired today , opera next week !
And isn't it funny , read here what 5k for food right but, that station would need to spend 50 to a 100k for that kind of publicity.
Now I'm in an investors forum & people we need to get on top of this game it's running rings around us.
Suggestions - here !

Chees

Ozperp, good to see you developing your cynicism to balance those vats of compassion you possess. :)

Anyways, I ask, if anyone here had a 'reasonable' relative in her position, would you not insist she come and stay, or at least let her park her car at your place?

Besides, if she had a job at a doctor's surgery, are she and her friendly workmates so thick they cannot get on google and type
womens shelter Melbourne
and find this body

methinks she is consciously playing it hard, to embarass the system into providing more stuff for free. And she doesn't care how much her kids suffer to get it.

Does anyone want to work out her govt entitlements as a single mother?

Maybe she should just don an ethnic accent, go to a police station, and say she is an illegal migrant seeking asylum from poverty. The govt will then give her free motel accommodation and provide a personal trainer for the next 6 mths.

I read that she wouldn't give out her surname so as not to embarrass her children - helllloooo she just splashed the faces of her two young children over the news and every newspaper, doesn't she think people will know who they are now!! Some people just have s@#t for brains! I feel really sorry for her children, her 11 year old son looked so embarrassed and now the poor kids have to go to school and have everyone know that they've been sleeping in a car when they might have been telling their school friends otherwise - who in their right mind would do that to their children???? I don't get why she had to have them photographed with her, because it looks better for the papers? Thats just so wrong!

Just my opinion.

JK

OMG $5000 for food! :eek:

That is just beyond belief. No wonder these sort of people go to the media. The bleeding hearts all come out and think they are helping, when in fact all they are doing is making the problem worse. Not only for the attention/money seeker, but for others who think to themselves "I'll do that too".

FoxFM aren't silly.

The $5000 for food is actually a payment for their exclusive story and/or for their......

RATINGS

Story on news.com.au this morning about a single Mum of two and her kids sleeping in a car in SE Melbourne. (Cold!)

I suspect the key to understanding this story is in the last line of the article: 'The Dandenong family's dire situation came about after the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal ruled her previous rental home of 16 months was unsafe to live in.'

I'm willing to be it wasn't unsafe because the landlord hadn't kept up the maintenance, or else the Tribunal would have forced the landlord to fix it, pronto! So my guess is that she absolutely trashed the place, and that's why she can't find another place. Her friends and family won't take her in because they don't want their homes trashed, too. :eek:

Where's the sob story about the poor landlord, who's probably been left with a multi-$10K clean-up bill? :mad:

What do you think? Am I reading it right, or am I just a cold-hearted b***h, cynical as a result of experience in the landlord-tenant arena? :D

I have been helping my parents repair their trashed house that was rented to a single mum tenant. Do you think I will rent out to a single mum ?

I have been helping my parents repair their trashed house that was rented to a single mum tenant. Do you think I will rent out to a single mum ?

No offence, but that is a stupid comment. People on this forum have had their houses trashed by all sorts, including a professional real estate agent!

I viewed a property last weekend which had a tenant in it, single mum of two children. I was very impressed with how it was looked after, was so tidy I would have assumed owner occupied.

Yeah I definitely don't have a problem with renting to single mums. They would be more house proud and afraid of getting kicked out because of discriminations like yours.
I rejected one such applicant because her only source of income was Centrelink and it didn't even cover the monthly rent. I'm not sure why the PM was pitching her to us. And glazed over this blatant fact?!?

:mad: a well crafted 'woe is me' campaign...

Why is it that people need to register and licence a dog, but any idiot can breed?:mad: She has no shame.... I feel for those kids and the emotional, intellectual and mindset damage being done to them, not to mention their welfare.

Sleeping in car? Really? In this country? How about renting a caravan for 2 nights until you sort out temp accommodation through a myriad of support networks, not to mention family & friends. If that story has any actual truth to it, she should have her parental fitness assessed...:mad:

Yeah, I had an IP trashed by a guy named Sam, and that's it - no more people whose names start with "S" for me - no way!

Yeah, I had an IP trashed by a guy named Sam, and that's it - no more people whose names start with "S" for me - no way!

OMG! us too, these people with names starting with S are very dangerous, better to avoid them.
single mums have rarely damaged our proprties, only 1 I can think of and it was actually her loser boyfriend that she let in without permission! He took the eviction notices badly, with an axe actually - what a prince.

aha !!

Remember poor old Michelle sleeping in her car with her 2 kids ?
Heard on radio this evening that a very generous, soft hearted couple who live in a caravan in FnQ had a home in Melbourne that they allowed Michelle to rent from them,and low and behold she hasn't been paying the rent !!!
She has been served a notice to attend VCAT and quickly pays 1 months rent .Still 1 month in arrears !
Any wonder she can afford those french manicures !!!

Pity the children

Well, I am flabbergasted :eek: ...............who would have thought? :rolleyes:

Pity the children. Unfortunately such behaviour and entitlement mentality often becomes generational.

Back