Mum of two sleeping in car

I would have offered for her to stay short term in my own house, but I suppose that was the point of the whole story...... to pull at the heartstrings. Well, it worked for me, seeing those kids looking miserable and really cold.

After reading how it has turned out, it makes me glad I was not involved, but I still feel sad for the kids (or any other child in a similar, or worse, situation).

I must be a softie (and probably rather naive) but probably would feel the same the next time such a story hits the air ;).

See, I may have offered the kids a place to stay - As for the drop kick mother...

I think, if you cannot take care of your children, you shouldn't either have them or they should be put under the care of the father. It's disgusting how much some people don't care for their children or anyone else.

We can all see where her priorities lie - French manicures every fortnight, which cost at least $30 every fortnight.

I had some poor tenant call and say they cannot afford their rent, because they HAD to buy a new car. I said, what happened to your last one? Oh, it was 6 years old! :rolleyes:

Yep, no sympathy from me.

PS - I know some may say it's wrong to separate children from their mother, but the facts are if you can't look after them they should be in the care of someone who can, at the very least be able to put a roof over their heads. Plus, this is what happens in divorce and other such matters, one parent gets the children most of the time and the other parent gets them on weekends or something.. Not the ideal situation for a child, but sleeping in a car is not any better.

I saw this as staged by a dropkick mum who was looking for handouts. It's for that reason only that I felt for those children.

The children themselves looked well nourished, well dressed and clean just like the mother - not the typical neglected look.

Then there was the decent car and job but for some reason she couldn't get accommodation (any inc. temporary) :confused:.

She sounds to me like she's probably always lived reasonable well while not paying rent to some poor unsuspecting LL.

I had some poor tenant call and say they cannot afford their rent, because they HAD to buy a new car. I said, what happened to your last one? Oh, it was 6 years old! :rolleyes:

LOL! I better stop paying the mortgage(s) because BOTH our cars are well over six years old. :rolleyes:

Then again, I don't think the banks would be at all sympathetic.

I feel sorry for the Landlord - the initial one and the current suckers who gave her a break.

Of course I feel the most for the father....

I would have offered for her to stay short term in my own house, but I suppose that was the point of the whole story...... to pull at the heartstrings. Well, it worked for me, seeing those kids looking miserable and really cold.

Well, why not just take the kids in to your house.

While they are being dropped off, you can cuff the mother across the back of the head. :D

Back