“Murphy’s Law” for Landlords

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by PropertyQuotes, 5th Mar, 2009.

1. PropertyQuotes

PropertyQuotes Member

Thought I'd share a couple of lighter (?) moments about being a Landlord... and would love to hear stories/experiences from other self-managing Landlords

Murphy's Law #1
    Your best tenant will get a job transfer during the worst rental market of the decade

Murphy's Law #2
    When a tenant attempts to fix the leaky tap himself, expect to not only replace the tap but the entire plumbing system too!

Murphy's Law #3
    A tenant's uncanny ability to see dirt and damage will be much greater when thay move in than when they move out.

Murphy's Law #4
    When a tenant calls and says "Hi, how's it going?" you know that something is drastically wrong

Murphy's Law #5
    Proper disposal of bacon grease for a tenant is always down the kitchen sink.

2. fernfurn

fernfurn Member

Just had a ring from the PM yesterday, the power had gone off and everything came on except the 2 loungeroom downlights. They replaced the fuse and still no lights. Was thinking I would have to call an electrician when it hit me, wouldnt it be logical those 2 downlight bulbs have blown? Told them to try it or else if I have to call an electrician and its only bulbs blown, they will be paying.

3. kissfan

kissfan Member

Hi celica.

Was thinking that if the downlights have a dimmer switch, that maybe the lights have been 'turned down'.

Probably too obvious, but who knows.

Regards
    Marty

4. fernfurn

fernfurn Member

Thanks for that, but there isnt one.

5. jaycee

jaycee Member

So, was it the globes ?