“Murphy’s Law” for Landlords

Thought I'd share a couple of lighter (?) moments about being a Landlord... and would love to hear stories/experiences from other self-managing Landlords

Murphy's Law #1
Your best tenant will get a job transfer during the worst rental market of the decade

Murphy's Law #2
When a tenant attempts to fix the leaky tap himself, expect to not only replace the tap but the entire plumbing system too!

Murphy's Law #3
A tenant's uncanny ability to see dirt and damage will be much greater when thay move in than when they move out.

Murphy's Law #4
When a tenant calls and says "Hi, how's it going?" you know that something is drastically wrong

Murphy's Law #5
Proper disposal of bacon grease for a tenant is always down the kitchen sink.

Just had a ring from the PM yesterday, the power had gone off and everything came on except the 2 loungeroom downlights. They replaced the fuse and still no lights. Was thinking I would have to call an electrician when it hit me, wouldnt it be logical those 2 downlight bulbs have blown? Told them to try it or else if I have to call an electrician and its only bulbs blown, they will be paying.

Just had a ring from the PM yesterday, the power had gone off and everything came on except the 2 loungeroom downlights. They replaced the fuse and still no lights. Was thinking I would have to call an electrician when it hit me, wouldnt it be logical those 2 downlight bulbs have blown? Told them to try it or else if I have to call an electrician and its only bulbs blown, they will be paying.
Hi celica.

Was thinking that if the downlights have a dimmer switch, that maybe the lights have been 'turned down'.

Probably too obvious, but who knows.

Regards
Marty

Back