Music - blasts from the past

Hi

We have an iPod at work ande try to keep the music varied and entertaining.
Recently, we added:

Dinah by TMG (Thanks Rick!!)
The Newcastle Song by Bob Hudson
Farewell Aunty Jack by Graeme Bond
Sit on my Face by Monty Python
The Lumberjack SOng by Monty Python

Obviously, there are about 3,000 normal and serious songs, too.
Can anyone suggest some other OMFG type songs?

Dale

Geldof's Great Song of Indifference.

I don't mind if you come or go
I don't mind if you take it slow
I don't mind if you say yes or no
An' I don't mind at all
An I don't care if you live or die
Couldn't care less if you laugh or cry
I don't mind if you crash or fly
No I don't mind at all

It's on my funeral CD :(

Jilted John (Gordon is a moron) by Graham Fellowes.

An old English punk song, extremely funny and as per Our Obesession if you get offended by crude language this song may not be for you with lyrics such as 'She's cruel and heartless...she dumped me for Gordon...Gordon is a moron...he's a creep, she's a sl#t...'. Having said that I think its the most hilarious song I've ever heard. Fellowes was a punk icon back in the days when it was all the rage and actually wrote the character of the song based on himself and what happened to him when he got dumped. Definetly listen to it at least once.

Kate

Dale,

Whats with the old stuff......??........:)

I'm sure that Bob Hudson did a song about a chick with a bum that was so big she had to pay double fare when she got on the bus...........fricckin hilarious.

If you wanna keep 'em awake at work try:

Nine Inch Nails..............Closer
V.A.S.T.......................Pretty When You Cry / Dirty Hole
Veruca Salt..................Pretty Boys
Blur............................Girls and Boys

These are old but not that old.......................

You might want to listen to them first though as there is some pretty explicit stuff in there that will certainly shock to attention.........absolutely great songs though IMHO.

ciao

Nor

Hoo hoo Dale, I could point you to quite a few songs that would curl ya nanna's toes! But one that immediately came to mind that would be appropriate for office listening is Shuddappayouface. I can't remember who sang it though. Also, I'm An Individual by Mark 'Jacko' Jackson, which I own on vinyl, incidentally.

Mark

Hehehe
Thanks for that guys; some great suggestions for follow up.
We have about 3,500 songs on the iPod ranging from the just released to even a few hits from the 50's and covering just about every genre possible.

Naturally, most sit comfortably on any radio station but there are quite a few that make people sit up straight with surprise.....:D :D

With your suggestions, I think I may have fiund a few more!!

Thanks again

Dale

I used to love it when Benny Hill sang Ernie, He drove the fastest milk cart in the West. I don't know if it was ever released to buy though.

The lyrics had heaps of words and I don't know how he ever fitted them all in, but it was clever. It told the story of an old milkman who fought a duel with some sort of other vendor and lost. I can only remember the one title line now. If anyone finds it, let me know as I'd love to hear it again.

Yep some of them oldies are really weird stuff, not 100% sure of the titles but a few more oddities are

Purple People Eater
Along Came Jones
Itsy BitsyYellow Poker Dot Bikini
Convoy

Have fun:D

Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
Angels - Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again - (No way, get f....................)
Alexi Sayle - Didn't You Kill My Brother
Ian Drury & The Blockheads - Sex 'n' Drugs 'n' Rock 'n' Roll
Master Wel - When I Was A Sperm

If you're specifically looking for crude stuff - you probably can't go past The Macc Lads - an English 'punk' sounding band. You can check out their lyrics here - http://macclads.co.uk/hectic_house/lyrics/w_ind.html

I have this one on vinyl- a great parody album.

Like the HeeBeeGeeBees "Meaningless songs in very high voices". Or "Boring Song" by Status Quid.

I've got a lot of stuff I enjoyed on vinyl which never made it to CD. Is there a cheap option avaialable to rip the vinyl? (I no longer have a working turntable).

If you're after crude and funny, some of Kevin Bloody Wilson's stuff is hilarious: Santa Claus, Operator 42, Kev's Lament, and the considerably cleaner Living Next Door to Alan (Bond).

For old and daggy, try Guitarzan, The Streak, Bridget The Midget, The Laughing Gnome (David Bowie), and Tiptoe Through The Tulips.

Cheers,
GP

Do you remember a song from about 1978 or thereabouts called "Lucy and Romona and Sunset Sam"

I,m 40 now but was just a kid then ......I remember the hit well and the video clip of the time .

Anyone know ?

Shawn

Classics..with some angry subtext...

Liar - Rollins Band

You think youre going to live your life alone
In darkness and seclusion... yeah, I know
Youve been out there and tried to mix with those animals
And it just left you full of humiliated confusion
So you stagger back home and wait for nothing
But the solitary refinement of your room spits you back onto the streets
And now youre desperate and in need of human contact
And then you meet me and yur whole world changes
Because everything I say is everything youve ever wanted to hear
So you drop all you defenses, Im perfect in every way
cause I make you feel so strong and so powerfull inside
You feel so lucky
But your ego obscures reality that you never bothered to
Wonder why things are going so well
You want to know why?

cause Im a liar, yeah, Im a liar
Ill tear (rip) your mind up, Ill burn your soul
Ill turn you into me, Ill turn you into me
cause Im a liar, a liar, a liar, a liar...

Ill hide behind a smile and understanding eyes
And Ill tell you things that you already know so you can say:
I really identify with you, so much
And all the time that youre needing me is just the time
That Im bleeding you, dont you get it yet?
Ill come to you like an affliction then Ill leave you like an addiction
Youll never forget me... wou wanna know why?

I dont know why I feel the need to lie and cause you so much pain
Maybe its something inside, maybe its something I cant explain
cause all I do is mess you up and lie to you
Im a liar, ooh, Im a liar
But if youll give me another chance I swear Ill never lie to you again
cause now I see the destructive power of a lie,
Theyre stronger than truth
I cat believe I ever hurt you, I swear I will never lie to you again
Please, just give me more chance, Ill never lie to you again, no,
I swear, I will never tell a lie, I will neer tell a lie, no, no
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! sucker! sucker! sucker!

I am a liar, yeah, I am a liar, yeah, I am a liar
I lie you, I feel good, I am a liar, yeah
I lie x4 ooh, I lie, yeah, I lie
Im a liar, I lie, I like it, I feel good, I like it, and again
I like it again and Ill keep lying, Ill promise

In Love - Fear of Pop featuring William Shatner (..yes, Captain Kirk)

i remember the night we met. that night we sat entwined under summer skies. i looked into your eyes, and you looked into mine; you said, "you're not like the rest." and i nodded. "no one understands me," you said, and i nodded once again as if to agree that all men are indeed the same. somehow, you said, i was different.

for months on end, i maintained a veneer of sincere interest as if i was listening as you re-lived every page of self help and new age that you had read, and i went in for the kill! i'd read the same books, i learned to ape the motions of a sensitive human being, and we were oh so happy. but you found things to thick, and i knew it was time to move on.

(In Love, In Love ... )

so now you have me completely figured out! you feel sorry for me! i can't express my feelings! i can't tell the truth! we are all alike. at puberty i was sworn to secrecy by the international brotherhood of lying fickle males. i can't tell you anything, and i can't commit! you're right! i can't commit... to you!

i will always treasure our time together. i don't feel enough of anything to harbor the kind of disdain that you maintain. you painted me into what you wanted to see! and that's fine...

but you will never know me.

(In Love, In Love ...)

A Lap Dance Is So Much Better When the Stripper is Crying

the love song that echo's through the ages ...

Do a search for the lyrics - not for those easily offended.

Back