mussellbrook ?

$1b spending on road between hunter and sydney starting soon...This will bode well for the area.

Look for a larger block with development potential, wouldnt be looking to sell, just refinance down the track and maybe stick something on the back!

I am a fan of Upper Hunter. I have several properties in the area and have lived in the area.

A lot more than just mining going for the area.

My PM has said that this year has been a bit crazy!

Just like the big cities timing is important when selling.

A few forumites have been looking/purchasing in the area recently;)

Sunshine

Well....seems to me the old price wave is on the move out from the city....lots more interest in regional areas now as price point looks to be reached in the metrop.

Upper Hunter.....Certainly mining is not the only thing....just one of many including farming, wineries, horse studs, large dairies, hydro electricity generation, even tourism.

Like anywhere, you need to do the hard yards and get on the ground to get the right info before acting. You won't get enough of the right due diligence here.

I see Muswellbrook as a pretty stable country town with alot going for it into the future and a long term approach would be prudent for me.;)

I have researched Muswellbrook personally recently and really like it.

There is a high demand for rentals for Contractors and Miners and the units are more expensive than houses.

In my opinion this means houses are due to rise considerably, especially with a 40k odd gap in favour of units.

The demand for houses seems to be rising and the supply is lessoning. All good in my eyes.

It's possible to get a $15-$35 week return. In REAL terms. :)

Regards JO

don't forget the large jail - and the tag-along wives with a dozen kids on the pension that need somewhere to live.

Gaols....now this raises an interesting point, or reminds me of a conversation I had with someone a few days ago.

You often hear opinions on how planned gaols will impact on the towns they are located in or near - generally good for the economy as it brings people to the area - staff and families of those "enrolled."

But I have always wondered if it was desirable to have the families of those "enrolled" brought to a community - without meaning to tar everyone with the same brush. I was speaking with someone who was a long time resident of such a regional town who said she was glad to get out of town whenever possible. She said it used to be such a nice town and everyone was so friendly. Since the gaol had been built nearby it had brought a lot of undesirables - families of those enrolled who did not fall far from the tree as far as attitude and behavior - with increased crime.

So it would seem it is a matter of weighing up the negatives and the positives - which may vary for each location.

Reminds of a conversation I had tongue and cheek with an agent in a regional town. She was complaining about how some of locals were getting out of hand in particular suburb which I was scoping.

Tongue and cheek I offered to don military fatigues and sit there at night with a night vision infra-red sniper rifle. I indicated to her just taking out one or two of the trouble makers would resolve the issue. To my amazement she thought I was serious and looked at me aghast....:p

Gaols....now this raises an interesting point, or reminds me of a conversation I had with someone a few days ago.

Since the gaol had been built nearby it had brought a lot of undesirables - families of those enrolled who did not fall far from the tree as far as attitude and behavior - with increased crime.

So it would seem it is a matter of weighing up the negatives and the positives - which may vary for each location.

Back