My Baby Just Left

I'm sitting here feeling very sad. After a very teary departure, my baby has just driven off to start her new life in another State and I'm missing her already. She is such a loud, vibrant personality and the house already feels so quiet and empty.

We follow in a couple of days with all her worldly possessions, and Bob, the cat, our second baby. The trailor is packed, just waiting to be hitched up to the back of the car.

To all you Melbournites, I hope you welcome her into your hearts and watch over her. She is coming to find fame & fortune, improve her skating, find friendship and perhaps love, and I do wish her all those things, but somewhere inside a little selfish part of me just wants her to come back home to Mummy.

Awww... I know this is how my wife and I will be feeling in the not too distant future.
At least you can feel proud you have brought up a wonderful person, confident enough to leave home and make her own future.

Neil

hang in there Skater. I know just how you feel. Sometimes they boomerang though with extras. Number 1 daughter is returning home with hubby in tow to save for a house (lucky us!).

Lil seems very mature for her age so I am sure that she will be fine, I feel for you as a mum though.:)

Melbourne will welcome her with open arms, most of us are very friendly down here.

This reminds me of my 'home leaving' experience. As soon as I was able I came back to kidnap the cat!

So exciting for Lil Skater, the world is her oyster at this age.

At least you can feel proud you have brought up a wonderful person, confident enough to leave home and make her own future.

very true ... two of hubby's elders will probably need a crowbar to get them to leave home - and one is busting to go. all are in uni and the one busting to go is very much more worldly, dymanic and enthusiastic to experience.

good description of lil skater too, methinks.

hang in there Skater. I know just how you feel. Sometimes they boomerang though with extras. Number 1 daughter is returning home with hubby in tow to save for a house (lucky us!).

Lil seems very mature for her age so I am sure that she will be fine, I feel for you as a mum though.:)

Arrggghhh, Don't wish that on me, I think she's too young for a hubby or a smaller human.:eek:

Rest assured that if she did return with additional baggage (in the human form), I am sure that she would find alternate (hopefully nearby) accommodation. She is mature, and I know she'll be fine. It's me who's a mess.:(

Melbourne will welcome her with open arms, most of us are very friendly down here.

This reminds me of my 'home leaving' experience. As soon as I was able I came back to kidnap the cat!

So exciting for Lil Skater, the world is her oyster at this age.

I am sure it will be exciting for her, and a bit scarey. She has met a few Melbournites and I am sure she will fit in fine.

As for the poor cat, he follows in two days. He's been learning to adjust to a leash on a harness that straps into the car. He's actually quite calm in the car. I'm going to miss him too.:(

This leaves me with one human baby (not really, she's 20) and five feline babies.

Off to explore and experience the world, starting at Melbourne, it's so exciting for her, twinges of pangs of trepidation/sadness for u guys...
Think of the fun, lessons, stuff seen, adventures had..and Bob the cat.:)

So mum and dad now have the HOUSE to themselves?!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoooaa!

our obsessionSo mum and dad now have the HOUSE to themselves?!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooaa![/QUOTE said:
No! :(

The oldest one is still at home. Not showing any signs of leaving soon. I would be more prepared for her to go rather than the youngest.

As a dad having seen my 2 girls leave home just prior to tuning 21.( at separate times ).

All I can say is, that was the greatest move for them, on there way to becoming women in there own right.

Both have made me proud of there achievements since then.

Gerd

Hang in there Skater ( & Bargain Hunter).

Might give you an excuse to buy an IP in Melbourne so you can visit Lil and do the inspections on the IP.

Regards
Marty

Oh, god no! She's now 18. She used to post on here when she was 14, and that was her quote to someone who was going through a tough time. I thought it was good, so kept it.

18 is not bad,
being a girl she'll be mature enough and should know how to avoid trouble

18 is not bad,
being a girl she'll be mature enough and should know how to avoid trouble

I have no doubt that she's mature enough. I just don't know if I am!:eek::p She's also got a few people looking out for her, which does put my mind at ease somewhat. However.....you can't reach through the computer to give a cuddle when needed (me, mostly, I expect).