My BEFORE, DURING and AFTER RENO pics finally :-)

For all those who have been asking, I have FINALLY got around to putting some before and after reno pics of our PPOR- it was much larger than the photos suggest but I've basically put the 2 bathrooms and main bedroom ones up for interest (as well as the kitchen from last time, for those who missed it) Still a little incomplete decorating-wise in parts but we're pretty pleased with the overall result and am enjoying the new spaces!
Much easier to link to the FB page for the album. https://www.facebook.com/HouseSearch

Thanks Jamie :)

Hobo, the kitchen benches are granite and the bathrooms caesarstone. I'm a bit of a sucker for natural looking products (and love timber in case you haven't noticed LOL) and just love the grain and imperfections of real stone. Also chose to go lighter as I've done darker benchtops in previous renos and they simply show up streak marks way too much.

Hi Jacque

I love the reno.

We have timber kitchen similar colour to your old one. It is great to see what it can transform in to. Do you have a photo of the kitchen from the same spot the old kitchen one was taken? I can see the fridge door handles - I would like to see how you incorporated it.

Nice & clean! I bet you don't want to look back at the cost :)

There is a bit of optical illusion going on the main bathroom's vanity and shower screen :)

Why all vanities are raised? Is that better than touching the ground?

Beautiful kitchen. Is it modern/country? It looks timeless. I love the lighting under the island bench. The cold starkness of the white and grey is a really good match with the warm coloured floorboards, the wooden windows and the copper? light.

Very nicely done. I love the way you have used the lights everywhere. I might just keep some of these pics to show the effective use of lights :)
Personally, I would have retained the old bath tub. What a classy feel it had.

Thanks guys- will try to answer your questions below:

Chaos,
See below. The original kitchen had no cupboards on the opposite wall- only the fridge and a freestanding old cabinet for the microwave. We basically had to build more cabinetry to accommodate here and I chose not to take it all the way to the ceilings due to height and cost. The crown mouldings are a classic style and shouldn't really date.

Attachments

• DSC_2657.jpg
    DSC_2657.jpg
    845.6 KB · Views: 102
Hi Lil :D

Kitchen was a separate project a while back and took 6 weeks from memory. The rest (half of which hasn't been photographed but included new carpets, timber laid in entry, window treatments, new door handles etc throughout) took 3.5 mths but it was pretty unobtrusive as the bathrooms were done individually.

Hi Devan,
We decided to stick with floating vanities as I prefer their clean lines and ease of cleaning. Also wanted the lights beneath to soften the rooms at night.

Hi Natt,
NO WAY would I ever go on The Block. Been there done that buying houses for Ch 10's The Renovators and I know what goes on behind the scenes..... too stressful for an old renovator such as myself :D

Hi Aussie,
The old in-built bath was actually very shallow, a lovely shade of 80's apricot :eek: and plastic so not exactly appealing..... Photos don't do it justice really!

Back