My business is on facebook :)

Great work! I love the 'viral' aspect of facebook. I have no idea who over half the people on my business' page are; they joined after seeing it pop up from one of their friends who had already joined. It's beautiful.

One suggestion that I'd make for you (and Bluecard, come to think of it), is going to this page and following the prompts:
http://www.facebook.com/username/

Then, instead of:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canberra-Australia/Boardroom-Photography-Canberra/319781579464

...you could have (for example):

http://facebook.com/boardroomphotography

Just a thought. It'd make it much easier to incorporate into your other marketing and online material, and much easier for your friends and clients to remember.

Also, if you haven't already, become a fan of your own page. A little narcissistic, perhaps, but that's cool. You'll also notice a 'suggest to friends' link on the left-hand side of your page. Might be worthwhile hitting that, selecting all, and clicking 'invite'. Many will ignore it, but it won't hurt things any.

There's also an 'edit page' link (which I'm sure that you've seen and used by now). There, you can add apps to your page; one could be events, for example, where you can invite everyone on your page to something like an open day or exhibition. Just thinking aloud here.

Beyond that, keep it active. That said, posting two things within an hour can be kind of pointless, because facebook will usually only show one of them in the fans' newsfeed. Instead, space the updates and people will see you more often.

Those are just a few ideas. I'm sure that many other people have this facebook thing worked out better than I do; I've still only got about 220-odd people on my page. Good luck with it!

Last edited:
Hey James,

Thanks for the tips. I tried adding a username but it's telling me

"Boardroom Photography Canberra is not eligible for a username at this time. In the future, Boardroom Photography Canberra will be able to set a username".

I guess I'll just have to wait for the future.....whatever that means...

Cheers

If you're into facebook as a way to build loyalty/keep people up to date check out how we've integrated it into our website (or I should say the husband has)
www.blackheartevents.com.au

We found once we got onto FB/Twitter etc a lot of the other event organisers were doing so as well - integrating it into our main page became a further differentiator website wise, and also lets people who may not search for us on FB but come through the website, become fans

If you're into facebook as a way to build loyalty/keep people up to date check out how we've integrated it into our website (or I should say the husband has)
www.blackheartevents.com.au

We found once we got onto FB/Twitter etc a lot of the other event organisers were doing so as well - integrating it into our main page became a further differentiator website wise, and also lets people who may not search for us on FB but come through the website, become fans

done.....!

Back