My development

Nice renders Aaron, I remember you talking about your 12-unit development and to see the updates and the plans, looks great.

I'm keen to see how this development progresses. I've been trying to convince my sister to seriously consider a development so I've been reading the development threads by Oscar in the "Adding Value" forum, and will be watching yours too with interest.

That's one sharp-looking development, Aaron.

Just a few thoughts.. unless you're going with composites, the timber cladding will look fantastic and appealing when new but will deteriorate rapidly over time unless well-oiled, and the overall aesthestic will be affected as it seems your townhouses are almost fully clad in it. The turn-tables will cost a bit as 15k was quoted on another project I'm working on. Do you have operable "shutters" as the renders seem to suggest? A few big-ticket items there.

Cheers.
Kev

Signed building contracts today (finally). Work should begin on-site in the next week or so. Local market has done extremely well so looks like we should be able to sell these for a good price when the are ready.

Signed building contracts today (finally). Work should begin on-site in the next week or so. Local market has done extremely well so looks like we should be able to sell these for a good price when the are ready.

Sometimes our biggest hurdles can be our biggest gains. The long time it has taken to get this project off the ground has seen you through a rough patch marketwise and into much greener pastures.
It's the ability to have contingency plans, flexible attitude and holding money that is essential when taken on developing.

Looks really good Aaron. Can you give any more detail on why the building quotes took a while to reach agreement? Did you have to alter building materials, techniques etc to bring the cost down or were the builders trying to overcharge etc?

Looks really good Aaron. Can you give any more detail on why the building quotes took a while to reach agreement? Did you have to alter building materials, techniques etc to bring the cost down or were the builders trying to overcharge etc?

It took a while due to the high specifications. We got a huge fluctuation of quotes with a 40% range. Also we weren't happy with some of the joinery on our preferred builder so we had to get a third party involved.

Back