my dream car just got written off! :(

Sorry to hear that Bon....
even if it can be replaced, its still an awful feeling when something that you have worked hard for is destroyed. Buying a replacement isn't the same, because you didn't save/ plan over a long period of time.
We also had a car written off... not exactly a dream car, but it was our first car when we were married. It was a very stressful time. But we did end up with a better car... which probably was our dream car in the end!
Hope no-one was hurt...... it must have been a huge hit to do that much damage. If you were driving, make sure you get your back/neck checked out for whiplash.. it may take a day or two before it begins to get stiff and sore.
Pen

just thinking the same myself ... my car payout would be double what it is worth - wish someone would write it off so i can buy a new one.

preferably hit by a falling tree while no one is inside (so no person is involved)

LOL! We had one get torched by some lovely vandals some years ago. We got more than it was worth, so they did us a favour.:cool:

just thinking the same myself ... my car payout would be double what it is worth - wish someone would write it off so i can buy a new one.

preferably hit by a falling tree while no one is inside (so no person is involved)

Haha yes, i wouldn't be surprised if mine's insured for triple the amount!

Player, mine is actually parked under a massive gum tree out the front! Only thing falling on it, unfortunately is bird poop and leaves :mad:

Dream car?? And I was expecting to see:

Attachments

• 360-modena.jpg
    360-modena.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 85
Ouch. I'd hate to hear what the worst one was!

The funniest one would have to be my car accident last night, i was parked putting in fuel. When an impatient driver drove around to put fuel in facing my car. I was thinking at this point of time CRAP hes going to hit me, just because of his driving manner. Nope didn't hit, was like PHEW!! Then he gets out of his van, and i realise his car is still rolling.... and BANG!! Handbrake losser!! Became abusive towards me at one point, blaming it on me & then trys to convince me to take my car to his mate who is an "GREAT" panel beater! Hmmmm don't think so. He also has no car insurance! :D

LOL!

And how many car accidents have you had..?

Obviously this is no fault of your own. But that's some terribly bad luck..??

Im full of bad luck when it comes to cars, last car accident i had was approx six months ago or so, Peak hour traffic on a friday afternoon where else but right smack bang on top of the harbour bridge!! :D Again i was not at fault - i was at an complete stop when some guy rammed right into the back of me!!

Im full of bad luck when it comes to cars, last car accident i had was approx six months ago or so, Peak hour traffic on a friday afternoon where else but right smack bang on top of the harbour bridge!! :D Again i was not at fault - i was at an complete stop when some guy rammed right into the back of me!!

Ahh that sucks!

And i like your car!!

Unfortunately for my back pocket i have good luck with my car, any money when i get a new one it'll all change :(

Im full of bad luck when it comes to cars,

Sometimes you get a bad luck car.

I had one, an XD Falcon work van. It should have been written of when a lady rammed me while I was simply stopped at a red light, but the ins company fixed it. Another time it was parked in a normally marked parking bay for a short time. When I came back, a taxi doing a "U" turn had nudged it onto the footpath. Another time I stopped when a car in front of me was doing an illegal "U" turn and, again, was rammed. Eventually it was written off when an out-of-control semi took the whole of the drivers side panels off. That was a bit scary. He was much too fast coming onto a narrow bridge and tried to stay right but his final triple-axels clipped the armco and swung out and hit me (the prime-mover got past OK). I came to a halt jammed against the insignificant little edging to the bridge. Could not get out the driver's door so I clambered out the other side where there was a 10 metre drop to the river bed. (no railing!) A bit of glass from my window lodged in my ear lobe and I bled like a stuck pig. :eek:

My insurance company and I parted ways after that.

Last edited:
Did they refuse payment? :eek:

The truckie's ins co paid me out totally. No questions, nor should there have been. He was only 50ks from home so could not claim he did not know the bridge. I did. I had seen school children on it so I always took it quietly.

Sometimes you get a bad luck car.

I had one, an XD Falcon work van. It should have been written of when a lady rammed me while I was simply stopped at a red light, but the ins company fixed it. Another time it was parked in a normally marked parking bay for a short time. When I came back, a taxi doing a "U" turn had nudged it onto the footpath. Another time I stopped when a car in front of me was doing an illegal "U" turn and, again, was rammed. Eventually it was written off when an out-of-control semi took the whole of the drivers side panels off. That was a bit scary. He was much too fast coming onto a narrow bridge and tried to stay right but his final triple-axels clipped the armco and swung out and hit me (the prime-mover got past OK). I came to a halt jammed against the insignificant little edging to the bridge. Could not get out the driver's door so I clambered out the other side where there was a 10 metre drop to the river bed. (no railing!) A bit of glass from my window lodged in my ear lobe and I bled like a stuck pig. :eek:

My insurance company and I parted ways after that.

That would have been scary as! Nah i just have bad luck with cars in general! I had bad luck with my old car too.

Back