my dream car just got written off! :(

it was my dream car that I saved really hard for :(

Attachments

• writeOff.jpg
    writeOff.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 375
get over it it's only a car,the insurance money will buy you another 1
You should be glad you did not sustain serious injuries...

It can be replaced

get over it it's only a car,the insurance money will buy you another 1
You should be glad you did not sustain serious injuries...

Agree.

Have gratitude that you are OK. It's great to celebrate possessions however IMO we should be careful to never be so attached to them that we worship them.

Not saying that you worshipped your car Bon, however the perspective of gratitude for life really makes the possessions we have pale into insignificance.

It's metal, rubber, glass, nuts and bolts, etc., and can be replaced ;)

Truck hit that by the looks?

Yeah I know how you feel too, I like my cars and its never nice. However like others have said, you can get another.

Having said that I would cry like a baby if that happened to mine.....

Ahhhh crap but i wouldn't worry too much about it and like BV said insurance should cover it. Theres more to life then cars. Ive had a few accidents in my time, best one would have to be my brand new car had a hit and run just a few days after i got it....

Last edited:
Its got too many doors to be a dream car. Get a life. What is it? looks like some Jap crap Honda.

That's harsh, we all have different tastes, im sure alot of people think my car is jap crap too, but i assure you alot of others are in love with it too.

The only accident i've had was someone else reversing into me, about 3 days after i got my car!

But anyone is welcome to write off my car, insurance is worth at least double what my car is!

And at least you're alright Bon, cars are replaceable, you are not!

But anyone is welcome to write off my car, insurance is worth at least double what my car is!

just thinking the same myself ... my car payout would be double what it is worth - wish someone would write it off so i can buy a new one.

preferably hit by a falling tree while no one is inside (so no person is involved)

just thinking the same myself ... my car payout would be double what it is worth - wish someone would write it off so i can buy a new one.

preferably hit by a falling tree while no one is inside (so no person is involved)

Ditto with my wife's car. Agreed value is very generous. On very windy nights, parking under gum trees may expedite the process :p :D

Unless it was an exceedinly rare, virtually irreplaceable car.... i wouldnt worry so much. You can always just buy another one.

Its much sadder if it was a unique and rare car that you built and heavily modified yourself over a number of years. You cant replace those man hours!

Back