My favorite book shop gets better

Hi

If you read a lot of books like i do. I'd like to show you my favorite book website;

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/

Its now even better with free world wide shipping.

So, no GST to pay, already amazing prices, great exchange rate, every book sale donates to world literacy and free shipping. How can you not buy here?

Go to it!

Excellent work Evand.

I just went in and bought a new copy of a hard to find book I thought was long out of print. A nice chrissy pressy for me!

Cheers

Hi

If you read a lot of books like i do. I'd like to show you my favorite book website;

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/

Its now even better with free world wide shipping.

So, no GST to pay, already amazing prices, great exchange rate, every book sale donates to world literacy and free shipping. How can you not buy here?

Go to it!

Is this your website?

I thought you meant book shop as in brick & morter, this is an online book store.

I prefer to enjoy going to Borders and picking a few books or magazines off the shelf and go sit in their coffee lounge for a few hours. If I buy a book then yes it will probably be online if I'm not in a hurry but I prefer going out and seeing them at a real book shop first.

disclaimer i actually work for the parent company of borders. But have nothing to do with the website or anything like that, i am however a regular user of it as a customer.

www.borders.com.au i have found to be decently compedative and they run a mixture of import and local so some stuff arives in a day or two for front list best seller stuff. I dont know about GST but delivery is free and its already in our currency, they price match with amazon but i have never used it so can't comment of its ease of use.

If you join the loyalty program you also get 5% back in vouchers of what ever you buy.

Borders Australia is now owned by Pacific Equity Partners (and has been for a couple of years) rather than US if that makes a difference to you.

Hope this isn't considered spam i have self reported the post so the mods can make a call given as mentioned i am indirectly connected to the site.

www.borders.com.au i have found to be decently compedative and they run a mixture of import and local so some stuff arives in a day or two for front list best seller stuff. I dont know about GST but delivery is free and its already in our currency, they price match with amazon but i have never used it so can't comment of its ease of use.

Price match my a**:

AUD $39.95 on Borders:
http://www.borders.com.au/book/big-short-inside-the-doomsday-machine/7624758/

On US Amazon USD $15.36 (about AUD $15.50)
http://www.amazon.com/Big-Short-Ins...2231/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293064539&sr=8-1

On UK Amazon GBP 12.50 (about AUD 19.25)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Short-I...2571/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293064573&sr=8-1

Sure, there are delivery charges, but if you're buying several books, Amazon kicks the crap out of Borders Australia.

I thought you were joking but just in case you're serious. No, its not my bookshop.

I like to buy and browse from bookshops as well. I usually then go home and buy it online.

But occasionally i'll buy it in the bookshop. Last week i bought Keith Richard's and Paul Kelly's new biographies in a book shop in Newtown. Cost me $100!

I love Borders as a concept but find them expensive.

Is this your website?

http://www.borders.com.au/borders-price-guarantee ;)

As mentioned i have never used it (the price match i have ordered heaps of books) so no idea how effective/quick it is. I don't know the exact strategy but i imagine they probably ensure they are compeditive (same or lower) on high selling lines and offer price match on the rest to provide confidence, i doubt it would be econimical to update prices daily based on shipping rates, currency, etc...

http://www.borders.com.au/borders-price-guarantee ;)

As mentioned i have never used it (the price match i have ordered heaps of books) so no idea how effective/quick it is. I don't know the exact strategy but i imagine they probably ensure they are compeditive (same or lower) on high selling lines and offer price match on the rest to provide confidence, i doubt it would be econimical to update prices daily based on shipping rates, currency, etc...

Amazon is specifically excluded from the guarantee. So they guarantee to beat any price except the ones they aren't competitive with. It's even less economical for me to buy through them, especially if I'm buying multiple books.

From Goonandtell's link (bolding is mine):

Borders Price Guarantee
*Please note that claims and queries cannot be answered by phone. Please follow the steps listed below to raise your claim.

Borders Australia (borders.com.au) “find it cheaper and we will beat it by 10%” Promotion

We are so confident that our pricing is competitive with other online retailers that if you purchase a book, CD, DVD or blu-ray title from borders.com.au and then find it listed on any UK, US, AU or NZ website (excluding those sites listed below) for a lower price including shipping costs to an Australian address, then we’ll refund the difference plus 10%!! The excluded sites are: eBay (any country), Amazon marketplaces (any country), tradingpost AU, trademe NZ, and any other website (any country) allowing 3rd party sellers

Great, amazon is specifically excluded from the guarantee. So they guarantee to beat any price except the ones they aren't competitive with:

From Goonandtell's link:

Borders Price Guarantee
*Please note that claims and queries cannot be answered by phone. Please follow the steps listed below to raise your claim.

Borders Australia (borders.com.au) “find it cheaper and we will beat it by 10%” Promotion

We are so confident that our pricing is competitive with other online retailers that if you purchase a book, CD, DVD or blu-ray title from borders.com.au and then find it listed on any UK, US, AU or NZ website (excluding those sites listed below) for a lower price including shipping costs to an Australian address, then we’ll refund the difference plus 10%!! The excluded sites are: eBay (any country), Amazon marketplaces (any country), tradingpost AU, trademe NZ, and any other website (any country) allowing 3rd party sellers

Marketplace as in the second hand section which 'Amazing Call Amazon Marketplaces'

BTW the title you mentioned as 25.95 is avaliable in another format (same format as the US version) for 17.95 AU including delivery
http://www.borders.com.au/book/debt-of-honor/2666658/

Well, thats just about everyone they don't include in their guarantee.

You know, I just can't be bothered to go through all those instructions to claim my 10%. For whatever reason, I don't always look at ISBNs of books I buy, wonder whether it's the same edition as the one Borders sells, or want to wait 30 working days for a refund.

If I want books, I'll just accumulate a list and buy them from Amazon.

You know, I just can't be bothered to go through all those instructions to claim my 10%. For whatever reason, I don't always look at ISBNs of books I buy, wonder whether it's the same edition as the one Borders sells, or want to wait 30 working days for a refund.

If I want books, I'll just accumulate a list and buy them from Amazon.

Personal choice, perhaps amazon's biz setup suits you better, just thought i would offer an alternative

And i am not a lawyer but me reading that price match looks to be for any actual retailer and they are just trying to exclude private sales.

I wouldn't buy books from borders unless I was in a hurry and they had it in stock, as mentioned they are expensive and they don't stock the latest books and editions. With borders I will go and pick a bunch of magazines usually and sit down for an hour or two, have a coffee and read what I can. I just enjoy the experience and able to browse the latest mags for free while sitting in comfy chairs with a coffee. I like how they don't look or pressure you and expect you to buy something like the local newsagent will. In fact I would say it is Borders policy to make people feel comfortable and to read whatever they like. I usually end up buying 1 or 2 of the mags I browse anyway. They make penty I'm sure for the coffees sold at least. I wish there were more Border stores around, pity they killed the Cental Sydney one with the new mall but they still have a good one in Bondi Junction. They have one up here in Kotara, Newcastle but it's not one of the better ones around.

As for buying books, well I would most likely buy from Amazon, I can get a discount as an affiliate and probably cheaper than most places. I might only have to wait 3-5 days before I have it.

Back