My favourite Meat Pies

You can get 4 & 20 pies everywhere, the reason theyre not mentioned is that theyre pretty average as far as great pies go.

Heres a couple:

My local called Bremen Pies at Umina Beach, the inside walls of the shop are plastered with awards from every pie and cake competition in Australia and hes won them all at some stage.

Unbelieveably good pies and dont forget the pastry has a bearing on a great pie, unless its swiming in something.

The pie shop at Frederickton near Kempsey on the highway NSW mid north coast, very good pies but not quite up there with Bremens.

http://www.openwindows.com/02Sep24/RonBruns.html

http://www.openwindows.com/03Oct07/Bremen.asp

Originally posted by Garry K
I think Yatala has it.

Interesting that no one has mentioned the Aussie icon, 4'n'twenty, or is that just a Vic brand?

Garry K

Get together coming on I reckon!

Jimmyjamjars said:
Add Rick's Pies in Maryborough to your list.
JIM

Can I place an order for personal delivery sometime late Jun or after second week in July mate? :D

If anyone is headed to Thredbo/Perisher this winter you should get yourself into Sundance bakery in Jindy - my personal fav is the Thai Curry Chicken pie.

jesters pies

guys

clearly you pie lovers have not heard of Jesters Pies...34 stores in Perth and 8 in Melb....why...very simply they are the best pies you will ever eat!!!

rich ando said:
guys

clearly you pie lovers have not heard of Jesters Pies...34 stores in Perth and 8 in Melb....why...very simply they are the best pies you will ever eat!!!

Was in Perth last year. Got to agree, they're lovely.

Cheers

rich ando said:
guys

They pies or jaffles?

GarryK

LucasK said:
The cheap discount pies you buy at Safeway are my favourite. They're cheap, they have meat, and they're clean.

Lucas
Are you sure they have meat in them? I read a Choice magazine article on meat pies. They tested a variety of pies to determine what was actually in them. They had to come up with a new term to describe what was in them because they couldn't recognise it - they called it 'gristle exudate' that was made from animal parts.

They found that
“The solids in some pies appeared to be nearly all TVP (textured vegetable protein).

here is the link - happy eating :)

Choice link

Ecogirl

Back