My first book on property development

Hi Folks.

Rob here. I’ve just finished writing my first book on property development which is called "The magic of part time property development". If you’re interested in a text only (Kindle) version I have it available for FREE on Amazon. Just use the link below or go to my website robertzucca com and click on the Amazon link and it will take you there. Otherwise I can send you a printed copy, which is in colour and has the images, flowcharts and diagrams that are missing from the Kindle version. Please let me know what you think. I’ve already been told there’s a few errors, which I will fix on a later version.

Cheers Rob

This is the only review on the site, which I must say I found hysterical :p

I'll give it a look and tell you what I think.

I downloaded this book thinking I might learn something about developing residential properties, but I live in California, and the book pertains to properties in Australia -- something that was conveniently omitted from the sales page.

Given the fact that Australia operates on a completely different system of government than the United States, and considering that Australians celebrate Christmas in the middle of summer, drive on the wrong side of the road, and are marsupials who raise their young in abdominal pouches (okay, that last part might not be entirely accurate), I think prospective buyers should think twice about buying this book. If they're in Australia, no worries, mate. If they're elsewhere, keep looking.

I also doubt anyone calling from overseas will get hold of you with the international phone number provided on your website.

I'd also encourage you to participate and involve yourself in this forum, rather than just a one off spruik for your book.

Rooster

I also doubt anyone calling from overseas will get hold of you with the international phone number provided on your website.

I'd also encourage you to participate and involve yourself in this forum, rather than just a one off spruik for your book.

Rooster
Often we will delete one off spruiks like this- unless there's education to be gained, which appears, on the face of it, to be the case this time. Forumites should inform the mods if this is not the case.

If there's an inaccuracy in the OP's name (website name and user ID do not match) I wouldn't be surprised about inaccuracies in the book as well ;-)

@Ergophobia you can download Kindle software for your computer. You don't need a physical kindle device to read kindle books.

Hi Srini,

I've just downloaded the kindle version. However a pdf would be great as it could include your diagrams etc which may be helpful in understanding your concepts.

Cheers,

Joel

Downloaded it as well

Agreed that diagrams would be great, you should be able to get them into your kindle version though?

Rob_Aucca I tried to have a look at the Robert Zucca website but it was down?

Rob,

I would be interested in pdf also.

Others who downloaded book, what is the content like?

He mentions in his post, that kindle version doesn't have diagrams etc.

Matto

First thing that hit me over the initial pages was the proof-reader should be shot :D

Definitely agree with Redwing there, there are so many typo/grammar errors throughout the book. The layout on my kindle touch also was far from perfect. Also it is very much focussed on Victoria only but then I don't know much about property developing so maybe Victoria is the same as all other states.

Whilst it does give a good overview of property developing, I can't say after reading the book that I'm much more confident in doing it. This could again be due to my lack of knowledge though if I bought the book, I would hope it would solve that issue.

Feedback

Hey guys, It’s been almost a year since the launch of this book on Amazon. I’d like to thank you for your comments. I’ve had a lot of feedback on the book (spelling mistakes and all) from Australians and OS readers. My original vision for the book was to sell to a mostly Victorian demographic which has not turn out that way out all. To my surprise 80% of the 550 plus book sales have been to US, Europe and Middle Eastern markets.

I’m in the process of updating the book for 2012 Version Release, I’m adding an entire section on “Mistakes, Stuff Up’s and Workarounds”. An area of the book which is sadly lacking is what happens when things go horribly wrong, you know… Your builder hits massive rock on your site, You’ve gone over budget on the construction… You don’t get the planning the permit… You lost at VCAT…” Your site stands empty for months after it’s finished…” etc. Lots to be learnt when things go wrong.

So, since you have helped me, I’m going to send you a PDF version of the NEW book (once its finished and proof read) or put it on a web site you can download for free (for a limited time). OK?

All I ask is you give me your feedback on the new book.

Also, some readers have asked if I would hold a seminar to go over the book and answer any questions. I’m toying with the idea of holding a 2 hour Webinar sometime next month (November) all free of course. What do you think? If you are really keen I may invite some of you to one of my projects in Preston Vic where we’re almost finished construction?

Cheers Rob

Back