My Most Useful iPhone Apps For Real Estate

1- Google Maps/Earth – The Google Maps app just got 100x better with the newly introduced iPhone 3G S because it can now pinpoint your location and give you directions based on the direction you are facing. You can also look up a neighborhood and use Google’s StreetView to show clients what they can expect before driving to the home. Google Earth allows you to see surrounding terrain in vivid detail like the mountain of a nearby ski resort.

2- Loan Calculator – What If? – Have you ever had a buyer pose the question “How much would this home cost per month?” Using the Loan Calculator – What If? calculator you can easily calculate monthly payment based on their interest rate. The calculator also gives you the option to email the payment terms and information to your client from within the application.

3- Compass – The Compass app is only available with the iPhone 3G S but is certainly worth the price of admission for upgraders and new users. Using the Compass application you will become a master of feng shui by knowing which direction a home faces and where the sun will rise and set on the house your buyers are considering.

4- Tweetie – For today’s modern real estate people, Tweetie will keep you connected to your sphere by giving you all the power of Twitter in a lightweight, easy to use iPhone app. Check your @replies, send out a tweet and read direct messages on the fly.

5- Air Sharing Pro – Designed for the true road warrior, Air Sharing Pro lets you print documents, view high resolution photos and PDFs and share files with other Air Sharing iPhone users. I always keep a folder of high-res listing images on my iPhone so I can show them to buyers who might be interested in one of my homes.

6- Flashlight – Light is quite simply a white background that turns your 3.5-inch iPhone screen into a very bright flashlight. You won’t get a lot of distance with the light but it’s perfect for illuminating dark doorways.

7- Restaurant Nutrition – Being on the road all the time, Restaurants is my favorite nutrition guide application. Load the app up and you’ll have access to a variety of fast food restaurant nutrition charts including Subway, Taco Bell and McDonalds. Now you can eat smart no matter where you are!

Does anyone have anymore???

Daniel Kanoon

Last edited by a moderator:
7- Restaurant Nutrition – Being on the road all the time, Restaurants is my favorite nutrition guide application. Load the app up and you’ll have access to a variety of fast food restaurant nutrition charts including Subway, Taco Bell and McDonalds. Now you can eat smart no matter where you are!
The last nutrition guide3 app I saw (not sure if it's the same one) used US nutrition quantities, which differed from Australian. Get a nutruition guide from the shop!

domain.com.au have an app... thats good when bored and dont have access to a PC

Skype... If you have a good internet package, or wireless net at home its great for free calls

Near Buy - another Realestate sales app

XE - Currency Exchange rates if u deal with internation exchanges

I would love to make my own little calculator app for my business.... Anyone know much about being a Iphone app Dev.

the mac and iphone os is based on BSD which is a form of UNIX
So things are done differently than on a windows system.
If you have experience with linux you will know what I am on about

While the iPhone has a unix foundation, I find the Apple lockin is becoming every bit as painful as Microsoft's.

It's worth mentioning that Android phones are becoming a force in their own right - for those who haven't heard of them, they are the phones Google is involved with.

All the apps mentioned in OP are also available on Android, in fact most of them are free.

Google Maps is built into the Android OS, and there is also an app to view and edit your Maps in the phone, great for putting together lists of houses.

In fact, a Google service called Latitude would be very good for families or dynamic teams of people, because you could always see on your phone where the others were.

For example: http://androidcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/google-latitude-map-view.jpg

There's some seriously cool Augmented Reality stuff out now that a technologically-hip real estate agent could get on top of, such as Layar.

http://layar.com/

It's going to be a brilliant year for smart phones.

1-
2- Loan Calculator – What If? – Have you ever had a buyer pose the question “How much would this home cost per month?” Using the Loan Calculator – What If? calculator you can easily calculate monthly payment based on their interest rate. The calculator also gives you the option to email the payment terms and information to your client from within the application.

That app looked pretty good but I would like one that has the option for Interest Only as well as P & I.

I have had a look through the App Store but most of them are US and I don't know if they have the concept of IO loans over there ???:confused:

That app looked pretty good but I would like one that has the option for Interest Only as well as P & I.

I have had a look through the App Store but most of them are US and I don't know if they have the concept of IO loans over there ???:confused:

I found that too. Although you can look at the repayment table and see the
interest portion ?

There are many applications I use in the iPhone but the ones relevant to this forum would be

iHome : Property Analise

MySalary : For calculation how much tax you would pay !!

Other Applications which I really like are following

TripView : 5 Star
Amazon
Ebay
SixPack Pro
Commbank : 5 Star
PktCinema : 4 star
Book Bazaar : I was impressed with this one 5 star
Multimeter : 3 1/2 Star
Invoice : not for me but good for tradies, i guess
fuze msgr
domain
facebook : 5 star

I have many other application for fun, entertainment and other specific application but above mentioned ones I use on regular bases. Check them out....

Cheers
Aman

Hi all,

Finally got with the programme and turfed out my 6 year old vodafone and got an iPhone.

Been browsing the app store for something that will give me a good IP management app which will give basic cashflow analyses etc of my current properties (not necassarily potential new purchases).

Any new suggestions?

M

Hi all,

Finally got with the programme and turfed out my 6 year old vodafone and got an iPhone.

Been browsing the app store for something that will give me a good IP management app which will give basic cashflow analyses etc of my current properties (not necassarily potential new purchases).

Any new suggestions?

M

I am trying to get one developed that just does exactly that.

I'll keep you posted.

F

While the iPhone has a unix foundation, I find the Apple lockin is becoming every bit as painful as Microsoft's.

It's worth mentioning that Android phones are becoming a force in their own right - for those who haven't heard of them, they are the phones Google is involved with.

All the apps mentioned in OP are also available on Android, in fact most of them are free.

Google Maps is built into the Android OS, and there is also an app to view and edit your Maps in the phone, great for putting together lists of houses.

In fact, a Google service called Latitude would be very good for families or dynamic teams of people, because you could always see on your phone where the others were.

For example: http://androidcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/google-latitude-map-view.jpg

There's some seriously cool Augmented Reality stuff out now that a technologically-hip real estate agent could get on top of, such as Layar.

http://layar.com/

It's going to be a brilliant year for smart phones.

I have a HTC Hero and the power of these make the Iphones look like toys. You can run more then one app at a time, real GPS built in, open source and fully customisable and most of the usefull apps are free. It also plays flash content. Its integration with gmail, facebook, twitter and the way you can link contacts and your address book across all platforms is fantastic. Cant reccommend these phones enough.

Domain have a reasonable property search app.

RealEstate.com.au have a webapp (surf to realestate.com.au in safari and gives u a light version of the site, though I prefer the app.)

St George has a how much can I borrow calculator which is nice.

MySalary for a tax calculator

iHandy Level is a spirit level (good at inspections)

RealTime Stocks (20 or 30 min delayed for oz stocks) for stocks

picture.php

picture.php

This is definitely my favourite application, can't believe I forgot about this one earlier :eek:
Nothing beats my wireless printing app!
It's so convenient and easy to use :cool:

picture.php

Back