My new purchase - Highbury SA

Holy *****

That must be for the main extension, 3 new inspection points and 3 new water meters, yeah?

Or just the extension- how many meters?

Arborist

Update!

~$2k spend on Arborist to complete a 'Root Investigation Report' which included a hydro-vac excavation. Report was mostly successful as they didn't find any roots over 50mm but did find one root which was bang on 50mm most roots found were 15mm or under.

I'm hopeful that this report will satisfy council and allow me to proceed. Have spoke with arborist and engineer around an alternative otpion for the driveway/crossover if required which would be to have a 'Sustainable Paving System'. This system should satisfy council and allow the position of the driveway/crossover to stay the same (although cost would increase due to nature of materials and engineering/reports required)

Update!

~$2k spend on Arborist to complete a 'Root Investigation Report' which included a hydro-vac excavation. Report was mostly successful as they didn't find any roots over 50mm but did find one root which was bang on 50mm most roots found were 15mm or under.

I'm hopeful that this report will satisfy council and allow me to proceed. Have spoke with arborist and engineer around an alternative otpion for the driveway/crossover if required which would be to have a 'Sustainable Paving System'. This system should satisfy council and allow the position of the driveway/crossover to stay the same (although cost would increase due to nature of materials and engineering/reports required)

Surely they can bring the 50mm root down a bit for you? ;)

Its like when my guys are working on site and they knock a tin of paint over; All chemical spills that are >20L are reportable incidents. Lucky we only ever spill 19.5L! ;)

pinkboy

Hi Every one,
I am am trying to understand the subdivision regulations for the port Adelaide Enfield council development plan. I found some information about minimum site area and frontage for Comprehensive Development Policy area 55. But the thing is, I could not find these kind of information for other policy area( for example policy area 64). does it mean development and subdivision only happens in policy area 55 ?
anyone has experience in this area :)

Hi Every one,
I am am trying to understand the subdivision regulations for the port Adelaide Enfield council development plan. I found some information about minimum site area and frontage for Comprehensive Development Policy area 55. But the thing is, I could not find these kind of information for other policy area( for example policy area 64). does it mean development and subdivision only happens in policy area 55 ?
anyone has experience in this area :)

Hi Zamya,

Every policy area has a min allotment size.
I just had a quick look at the min allotment size or PA 64 is 300m2. Refer to page 402 of the Development Plan (its on the same page as the heading Residential East PA 64)

Hope this helps

which council in Adelaide is best for development? not so much on people at council desk or time of approval, but more DCP to allow more unit son a small block etc...

Council just emailed me.

Fortunate news!

Council's arborist has supported the encroachment into the street tree SRZ. There will be some conditions of approval including having a project arborist report to certify the works during construction, and the need for specific type paving at the tree base

Not really the exact result I was looking for, as will need to pay for arborist & engineer for the specific paving. But it allows me to continue as orignally designed.

Soon the real fun will begin.

Hi Zamya,

Every policy area has a min allotment size.
I just had a quick look at the min allotment size or PA 64 is 300m2. Refer to page 402 of the Development Plan (its on the same page as the heading Residential East PA 64)

Hope this helps

Hi
Have a look at this one

The opportunities for re-development within this policy area are limited to small pockets of land and it is important that infill housing gives due recognition to the character of the area in which it is located by having regard to the scale and siting characteristics of adjoining buildings( Page 402 under DESIRED CHARACTER section

Does it mean development only happens in vacant land !

did I get it right !

Update

Update.

A lot has been happening.

Received council DA few weeks back, happy days. Managed to get the approval for the 3 properties. I'm super happy with this, 5 different architects told me it couldn't happen. After speaking with family friend / mentor I pushed on and spoke to council on my own with some cut out plans on some lined paper with hand drawings, got some great feedback from council officer then proceeded with architects drawings and formal submission to council.

Demolition approval has also been granted, demo guys will be going to site 5th May expected 2-3 weeks til clear site.

Then will be having the surveyors in once clear site followed by SA Water to complete the main extention etc.

Speaking to and waiting back on few different builders for quotes.

At this stage haven't got to full working drawings and full engineering, have been speaking to builders with planned drawings along with soil/footings report. Haven't complete Builder Rules Consent (BRC) as need working drawings and engineering, will potentially be done through my architect and own engineer or through builder, pending which way I go.

Have also needed to make slight changes to ensure finance approval is smooth. Footings for Res 2 & 3 are to be on seperate slabs. Along with making sure each property has a seperate wall rather then a single party wall. This way the properties are two seperate properties which should allow for seperate valuations based on 'end value' rather then being deemed by the bank a one property until fully constructued which would result in an 'in-line' valuation.

Happy Days!!! Well done.Goes to show,never listen to the people that say it cant be done.Stand up for yourself and shine.

Just got a bill in the mail from SA Water for $320

The engineers did some damage when they were doing the drill bores for the footings report.

Should this be something that they should be reimbursing me for or is this on me and bad luck?

Also update, demolition has started.

Aspetos from the eaves has been removed and the roof tiles have all been taken out. Machinery to be out next week.

Haha another little win. Got a message on my phone saying my bill was overdue from origin energy. I don't have anything set up with them. After phone call discovered was for the abolishment of gas for demo guys to come out. Told them hadn't received the invoice and asked them to send it out via email and I'll pay straight away... Gt a phone call today, they can't find the invoice on their system so they volunteered to clear the debt. Was only ~$70 but nice little win :)

sorry not sure if you already posted, how much was the demolition?

great persistence gettin DA, good lesson!!! i hope you give it to the naysayers

Back