My OTP settlement tomorrow

Hi,

Just inspected the unit I bought OTP a year ago due to settle tomorrow. The list of defects is going to be spread over 3 pages, but I have a quick question to ask. Is there an obligation on the developer to provide matching finishes? The Schedule of Finishes does not say "stainless steel appliances", so they installed a white dishwasher and a steel oven next to each other. Ugly! The cooktop and rangehood are also steel. Is there anything I can do to make them install a stainless steel dishwasher?

Cheers,

Lotana

They aren't contracted to do it, so they don't have to.

Try talking with them anyway, see if you can work something out.

Otherwise, try going to a factory seconds place and see if you can do a deal/swap there.

Jas

Developers (or builders) will always try be as vague as possible about the specifications. Purchasers want the specifications to be as specific as possible.

If the item matches the specification there's nothing you can do (like if the specification says nothing more than "Dishwasher"). If not, you can ask to have it corrected.

Having built my PPOR some time ago I picked up on a few vagaries like this in my building specifications.

It's also dangerous because appliances are not all the same. A Miele Washing Machine/Dryer set is 5 times the cost of a Hoover combo.

Even if the brand is mentioned, the model dictates the cost, too. The price differential between cheapest Dishlex dishwasher and most expensive could be 100%.

Just more due diligence for "next time", I guess?

I always put in "As per displayed in other apartments/units/showroom" or similar for the dishwashers, etc but it could be kind of difficult if the OTP apartment does not have anything available for display when you purchase....

Cheers, Magic

Back