My recommendation as a junior

Hi guys,

I am working hard to understand and grow up my knowledge and here are some tools and tips for beginners like me:

- I bouth the book 'property investment for dummies'
- Read as much treads in this forum SS
- Youtube is a fantastic tool... I really like PHIL Pustejovsky videos
- Talk with people that have properties and home loan. They donot need to be only investor
- Internet website like Bootmap (they have an APP for iPhone) very good to double check suburbs
- One important tip is be pessimistic to make sure you have Margin saving and donot fail in your calculations.
- The last but not the less important build a team (I am in this point now, is difficult for me because I am new in the country, but I will get there).

I will update this post if I find anything new.

I hope this help

Hairon de la Rosa

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    651.4 KB · Views: 116
Sounds like a great start.

I find talking to fellow investors as a crucial element of 'my team'. Their energy, ideas and creation helps overcome resistance that most people i encounter have.

Good luck,

Cheers,
Redom

Hi guys,

I am working hard to understand and grow up my knowledge and here are some tools and tips for beginners like me:

- I bouth the book 'property investment for dummies' (buy more books not just 1) but good start.
- Talk with people that have properties and home loan. They do not need to be only investor. Personally I think its more important to talk with people that invest in property and not to mix it with ppl that are giving you advice from a PPOR point of view as its completely different to an investment in many ways.
- One important tip is be pessimistic to make sure you have Margin saving and donot fail in your calculations. Yes its vitally important to have a buffer.
- The last but not the less important build a team (I am in this point now, is difficult for me because I am new in the country, but I will get there). Yep good one.

I hope this help

Hairon de la Rosa

ps. PHIL Pustejovsky is a great guy and the book he talks about "the millionaire mind" is probably the best book I ever read that had a significant shaping on my business philosophy. Its a great book if you can get it. However, his approach to investing in property is basically only invest in positive cash flow at all costs. If you plan to build real wealth in Australia through real estate, I would strongly suggest you think twice about that route as in most (not all) cases it wont build wealth. leo

Last edited:
.... and never ever think you know everything.
Keep learning and relearning.

I started at 19, now 45. I learn new things every day.

H

I hope this help

Hairon de la Rosa

Hey Hairon

Welcome aboard :)

You've raised some good points.

I remember when I first got into property investing - it was so addictive. I couldn't absorb information quick enough - I used to get my wife to always drive so I could spend that time reading IP books :)

Keep it up - there's always something new to learn.

Cheers

Jamie

Back