My small development journey so far..

Now this is the view from the other side of the road on the side street.
It shows the original house to the right.
The attached flat in red brick
And it also shows the about half of the garage to be removed on the left.
The existing house will have its garage entry on this side so the red brick will be gone from view.

Although the neighbours were not happy about the whole thing. I think most would be able to see that it will improve the street view a lot.

Attachments

• House 4.JPG
    House 4.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 111
Having a down day as a developer today.

Rain rain and more rain means no foward movement on the extension.
Garage footings dug and have filled with water nicely.
Number 4 of 5 construction certificates paid. A record for a dual oc I believe.
Council wants garage a bit lower just for giggles.
Council also wants 50% of my new block to have it's slope altered !!!!

Oh yeah and tennant has moved out so I'm trying to find a tennant for a chopped up rental with a mud pit for a backyard.

Good times.......

had another bad week last week with a few big red " STOP ALL WORK' notes left by council but that has all been sorted and im into it again.

The photos attached show the new garage slab and the externally finished enclosed walkway between the flat and the house( no door on the garage connection yet.)

Things are rolling along nicely now
fence contractor in late this week to seperate the two blocks.
Contractor to push old shed over and clear site next week.
New garage to be completed next week.
New garage driveway booked in for next week.
SA little bit of storm water work and thats it for the existing block.
All attention will then be on the new house on the new block.

Cheers

Attachments

• house 1.JPG
    house 1.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 102
  • house 2.JPG
    house 2.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 100
New fencing all done and asbestos removed from the old shed.
On Monday the old shed will come down and the site cleared.
Bit of a shame really because the shed is built with nice timber and is well built. But it must go and I don't have time to salvage.
New garage builder was MIA the last week. Hopefully he will be back next week to finish of renovations.

No tennants yet. Well no suitable ones anyway. Having a warzone for a backyard is killing me atm but i should have tennants soon.

Just tried to attach a new photo but no luck. Wil try again later

Some boring photos.

The original house had its storm water cutting across the now new block at the back so i had to redirect a part of it across the front of the block. This also involved connecting the new PVC section to an old VC section.
Another part of the storm water will be redirected onto the new garage roof then to the street so no real hassle there.But its still a cost that must be thought of during cost calculations

Attachments

• sgsrsdfgdf.JPG
    sgsrsdfgdf.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 92
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 94
Well the block is finally cleared,fenced and ready to go.
Met the builder on site and discussed a few things. The height had to be raised 200 mm to meet stormwater runoff requirements. Not a big problem but extra fill and deeper piers means extra $$$

Existing house is close also. The enclosed walkway is finished. The garage only started today but is a straight foward job. Driveway will be formed up tomorrow and poured Saturday.apart from a little landscaping and a weekend painting. That should be it.
Soon I can hand over to the builder and relax a bit.

99% complete with the existing block.
Over the weekend i layed some turf around the disturbed areas.
mounted a new hills hoist with the old one to be used on the new block.
Redirected the storm water from the flat to the garage roof.
Connected the storm water to the street.
Enclosed hallway is painted.Just waiting for sparky to fit switches.
Garage will be painted this week.
Thats it for the existing block.

Over to the builder now with the new block.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Garage.JPG
    Garage.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 115
Crap it's been that long. Lucky the existing house/flat pays for itself and dropping rates helped pay for the build.
I have only just finished now !!!!
I thought reaching building stage would be the end of my worries. Well it kind of was. Lots of back and forth over costs but once it started it was somewhat smooth running.
House is now built. And in the last week I have had the
Tiles done
Carpet done
Driveway done
Retaining wall done
Blinds/ac/etc
Grass tomorrow
Council sticking it to me one last time before we part ways withholding the interim oc cert over stoooopid stuff but should be sorted tomorrow.

So I'm tired, stressed,sore,bit broken,disappointed at times.
But still happy with what I have achieved and I have the skills now to take on significant projects as this one had everything.
So the big one . Did I make money ?
Yes. It would probably cost me close to $100,000 more to buy than it owes me and I have achieved 3 incomes of a subdivided block with two houses.
Bloody hard work and I'm sure there were easier ways but its almost done. I'm happy with what I have created and achieved but now time to switch off for a while.
Oh photos. Ill take a few this weekend.

Cheers

Bloody hard work and I'm sure there were easier ways but its almost done. I'm happy with what I have created and achieved but now time to switch off for a while.
Oh photos. Ill take a few this weekend.

Cheers

Always need a break after a development. And deserved too. Good stuff!:)

Oscar

That's fantastic !

Well done.

I really enjoy your journey and looking forward to see the photo of your achievement.

Taylor

Back