My wonderful tenants

The items would be worth more than the storage costs. Expensive kids suites and a big lounge suite would be more just those items alone let alone the full contents there.

The property is in NSW.

Same thing happened at the same property 12 months ago. At least that time the tenants had someone come and get most of their stuff. I could then move the rest into the garage and get the house cleaned up.

what a pain beachgirl.

feel sorry for the dogs. wonder what happens when goods are abandoned that are still under finance? landlord should not be responsible for the tenants property. good luck and hope the next tenants are better.

Dump it on the front verge and call the tenants to let them know it is there.

True Story. Tenant vacates and leaves all his unwanted stuff,i find out his new address and i pre warn him i will reunite him with it if he doesn't collect it.Brother in law has a tip truck...................................5am in morning he gets a delivery.Still laugh about that one.

beachgurl, I feel for you, having gone through the similar thing myself, also in NSW. have you checked the fine print on your order? ours actually have the clause below under 'additional information' section:

The tenant should be aware that any goods left on the premises after the landlord has taken possession in accordance with these orders may be deemed to have been uncollected. The landlord may have rights to sell, dispose of or otherwise deal with those goods accordance with the law.​

I hope the issue is resolved soon.

If I was in that situation I would go in there and remove all the doors and windows off the hinges and leave them with no security. They shouldn't legally be there so shouln't have any right to complain as its your property. They would move on pretty quickly I reckon.

If I was in that situation I would go in there and remove all the doors and windows off the hinges and leave them with no security. They shouldn't legally be there so shouln't have any right to complain as its your property. They would move on pretty quickly I reckon.

We took all the doors off one property...they left that night.

Back