MyGov

I use mygov, no issues, just make an account and pw, write the details down so you dont forget (or you have to call them) and link govt services (ato, medicare, centerlink etc etc etc)
mail from any of the sevices go to your mygov account, and the mygoc site itself is just a portal to other govt web sites

It is a bit of a process to sign up but is convenient to lodge medicare claims (although it doesn't accept all types of claims). I get a number sent to my phone to type in I think - rather than answering the three security questions each time (that yes, you sometimes forget how you answered).

Nek Minute

It's ok - they send you an email to tell you that you have an email.

I wonder if this is being done so that people can't say they didn't get the message?

Banks seem to do it as well.

Really not sure what the issue is with MyGov.

Its a central portal for many government interactions. It is an attempt to make life easier not harder. You can choose to link or not link the various Governmental connections - your choice. And you can delete the account if you so wish but I do not know why you would want to.

Sure it can be a work to get registered initially - that's the point of a secure connection!

It does not compel you to get an Australia Post digital mailbox - it is just a free option.

If you have any secure mail, you get an email to your normal mail account and then you login to MyGov - just like you do for any bank account - not so difficult really.

And you can secure with a security code sent to your mobile (optional) - just like many banks do.

Not so sure what the perceived problem there is here?

Back