Naked ADSL

Finally decided to take the plunge and get rid of my very expensive toggle ... and install naked ADSL.

Two problems:

1. The phone line hasn't been connected for at least 3 years. We tried to connect when we moved in 2 years ago, but the line was dead, and just seems to hard for Telstra.

2. The only providers in our area seem to be Everynet, Escapenet and Spintel. Everynet appears to be the only provider that has unlimited naked.

http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/vi...Verify=f4206cef9f9d1e29b398f6c7609e4554&nbn=0

Has anyone had any experience with any of these providers? ... TPG have advised they don't connect naked to our address so looks like other providers are not an option ... do I have to get Telstra to connect the phone line (to dial tone) first, or does the service provider arrange all this?

Provider should be able to arrange with Telstra on your behalf. They'll probably pass on the 299 fee unless there's a promo going or they want to absorb it.

Provider should be able to arrange with Telstra on your behalf. They'll probably pass on the 299 fee unless there's a promo going or they want to absorb it.

There has been a working phone line connected at the property before ... having worked for Telstra in my long and distant past, I suspect that because the phone was disconnected for a long period, they reused the coppers for another line somewhere in the street ... this means we shouldn't have to pay the big connection fee - but rather re-connection ...

Have sent a message to Everynet as Whirpool reviews seem pretty good ... looking forward to being able to download tv shows again!

They'll probably pass on the 299 fee unless there's a promo going or they want to absorb it.

If you whinge at them enough,especially if the home had a line installed they will waive this,they did for me but it was a hard gig to get them to do it.

I have previously found that Internet and Phone bundles work out at a similar price to Naked ADSL and doing so opens up your choice of providers who may be cheaper.

There has been a working phone line connected at the property before ... having worked for Telstra in my long and distant past, I suspect that because the phone was disconnected for a long period, they reused the coppers for another line somewhere in the street ... this means we shouldn't have to pay the big connection fee - but rather re-connection ...

Have sent a message to Everynet as Whirpool reviews seem pretty good ... looking forward to being able to download tv shows again!

Worked at Telstra before too and what you've described is likely a 299 job. Depends what the search shows up as though I guess.

two years ago they were able to view the previous ph number at the property ... but we will just have to wait and see ...

Back