Nathan Birch's newest deal's in 2011.

Ok,

I have been a little caught up with a few things I am launching of present to post up all my purchases.

I have bought 5 more properties for my buy and hold portfolio and sold that block of land at Riverstone for $30,000 it settled within 1 week of exchange and sold 1 week of being on the market (I paid $11,000)

This unit I just wanted to post about becuase i paid $95,500 (it was on for $120000 before) and the closest comparable in the block is on market for $140,000.

Mine - http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-qld-woree-107005446
other one in the block - http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-qld-woree-107070852

I was about to exchange and I asked for a further $5,000 reduction due to some works needing to happen and this was accepted. therefore $5000 for just asking the question.

Now this property is purchased @ $90,500 in Cairns and would have sold for around $140000 a 18 months ago, and will rent for $175pw.

I have also purchased a dev site in orange NSW I will post on shortly and a rebuild of a house at Muswellbrook I will be shooting a education DVD on shortly. I will post these up shortly.

Just showing the deals are still out there in 2011.

Interested to know whether you inspected this unit in Cairns Nathan?

Sight unseen or do you have someone on the ground in Cairns to help out with basic inspections?

Cheers

Rooster

This is sight unseen.

Straight up and down unit, not much to it.

If it were something more risky, I would do physical inspection, or it it were to be required to have structual reno I would inspect.

Its just the system I purchase along which is below market value and with good yields the banks are kept happy and they keep lending based on this.

Nice yield

It also made me look up Sustainability Declaration

The Sustainability Declaration is a mandatory checklist that must be completed by the home seller (vendor) when selling a house, townhouse or unit. It will be required from beginning of January 2010 as part of the sale.

Properties that have a greater number of sustainability features use less energy for heating and cooling, generate fewer greenhouse gas emissions, use less water—and best of all, are more comfortable to live in. They also can have lower operating costs and be more energy and water efficient.

Sustainability features such as access and safety also mean that the property will be suitable for owners during their various life stages and will reduce the need for costly future upgrades.

The checklist will identify the property’s social sustainability and environmental features in four key areas:

■energy
■water
■safety
■access.

It will increase the awareness and marketability of the dwelling’s sustainable building features and will act as an incentive to improve the sustainability performance of Queensland’s 1.6 million existing homes.

Nathan,
You both inspire and frustrate me at the same time!! :eek: So keep up with the sharing, please!

Your efforts are inspirational, but because I struggle to emulate your success, I get frustrated. How the **** do you find these places? :confused: Is it really just a matter of putting the time in? What made you look in Woree - were you expecting some distressed sales?

Thanks.

Nah, I purchase all for buy and hold. - I have only ever sold two properties the land being second one I have sold.

Thanks WC, I look at many places daily and research is ongoing to find the deals.

Yes it depends how Nathan Birch feels at the time if he talks in third person or if I talk as myself. I dont realise I am doing it a lot of the time :)

Was just doing a 'vision board' (Oprah style hee hee) & I came across your article in an old API.

Just thought you'd like to know I cut out the headline on it for my board...'How I quit my day job through property'.

Thanks for contributing in an inspirational way to this forum...and now also to my board! :)

Good stuff Nathan!!!

Just curious..

Do you put down 20% deposits on your IPś, or the minimun allowable, ie around 5% ?

TEG, I loved 5% days.

As you acquire more the more difficult it is to get such high LVR.

I can get these loans again today, however prefer to use 20% deposits as I dont need a high LVR.

Back